Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3DS discussion - What have you been playing!? [April]

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i believe most games are now made for the 3ds, so in a while you wont have any new games to buy becaus you cant play then on the normal DS.. thats just my guess

I mean, was there anything of significance? We went from GBA to a DS, a console with a bunch of cool features including touch screen capabilities. Upgrading to a 3DS seems lame in comparison. The 3D slider is cool, but is that it? I've never owned a regular DS so I'm not sure what the big difference is other than 3D. It just seems somewhat of a pointless gimmick if that's the only thing they did to it.

Blog Entries

my sister has a normal DS, and i have a 2DS..
    i have seen the 3DS and as far as i know the 3d stuff is more or less the only 'new' thing.
    + the 3ds has that conmunication stuff etc.. that MI-park thing

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The screens on 3DS are higher resolution, it has more RAM and a better processor than old DS. The 3DS XL is physically way bigger and brighter too, which is great for old geezers with bad eyes like myself. Also has an analog stick and camera, if anyone cares about that. It's a definite upgrade over the old DS. Evolutionary rather than revolutionary, maybe.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It has the 3D effect and has more power in the system so you can have better graphics and whatnot. It has the one analog stick (though only one). It doesn't really have any other innovations if that's what you mean. It does have some great games on it that would be worth getting the system for, though.

I think I actually didn't play my 3DS at all in January. I've been busy playing other systems when I do play games. Eventually I should get back around to playing Pokemon X and the Bravely Default demo.

Thank you. I didn't realize what all it had to offer. I guess it's like NES to SNES. Mainly for better graphics and bigger storage rather than something revolutionary like, say SNES to N64. Makes sense. (I hope this post makes sense to other people )

Articles

The main upgrades are the 3D, which I can't actually use based on poor eyesight. However as the 3DS is the new iteration of the nintendo handheld, you can't play new games on the old consoles.

3DS brings about streetpass, which you can see here http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass. It allows for the communication between 3DS automatically if they are in range to trade data between games. Pretty cool function actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    3DS brings about streetpass, which you can see here http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass. It allows for the communication between 3DS automatically if they are in range to trade data between games. Pretty cool function actually.
    A cool function that no one wants to talk about. I made a thread and everything.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

January 2014
    Steps: 2,697

Senran Kagura Burst 18:55
    Pokémon X 15:17
    Final Fantasy III 9:58

I play Senran Kagura Burst for the articles. Alright, joking aside, Senran Kagura is a really fun and solid beat'em up. All 12 characters play different from one another and one of the has a JoJo hat. And the plot is pretty good too, anime as smurf, but pretty good.

I played Pokémon off and on when I learned how to make EV reducing berries and working on the Dex.

I started Final Fantasy III at the end of the month.

Blog Entries

i have a question:
    and where can i find my friend code?

my latest activity's:

well.. nothing special really..
    Super mario Bros. 0:13

i just got this game for free

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    i have a question:
    and where can i find my friend code?
    Tap the smiley face on the home screen and it'll be at the bottom of your profile.

Well... For what it's worth, I checked my top 5. They were as followed

5. Pokemon Black Version 2 - 39:00

4. Kingdom Hearts 3D - 43:12

3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 64:26

2. Pokemon Y - 185:04

1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 225:45

Yeah I LOVE Fire Emblem and I still play it today. Easily one of my most favorite games of all time. I have spent WAY to much time on this damn thing, even going so far as completing the Lunactic game mode XD Lunatic+ though? I'm still working on that sadist hellhole..

"One does not simply choose between Black and White magic."
    Awesome picture courtesy of Lockharted. Thank you!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope that's more than just one month's worth...

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

Can't be. here are only 744 Hours in January and according to the stats red mage coffman played for 557 hours. Either it's total play time, or coffman has a problem. (or just leaves his 3DS open and on)

I finished playing Alundra 2 a couple weeks ago. I had been playing for about 2 or 3 days. I got everything except one last puzzle piece and some stuff I need to play darts to unlock. Before that, I had been playing Crystalis to map out the script so I could get a feel for what a remake would sound like.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.