Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3DS discussion - What have you been playing!? [April]

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As of March, this is what I've been playing.

March 2014
    Steps: 8,560
    1. BRAVELY DEFAULT: 69:01
    2. Pokemon Y: 2:16

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    62,000 steps? Where are you taking that thing?
    When I took my 3DS XL to London we clocked in 40,000 steps on 3 days. On my regular communte to work via the bus I averaged 5000 steps a day, so over 100,000+ each month. 60,000 steps is 2,000 steps a day, which is about 20 minutes walking.

Also Proto, how are you enjoying Bravely default? 69 Hours was about as much time as it took me to finished the game and all the side quests n stuff. Where you at?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm usually in sleep mode to get SP most of the time, but I'm in the 5th chapter at the moment.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

62,000 steps? Where are you taking that thing?
    I take it with me to work every day, of which I walk to and from since I hate public transport and I get to walk through some pretty amazing gardens (it's around 8-9km's per day).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

How long does 8-9 km take you to walk a day? Sounds super long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    How long does 8-9 km take you to walk a day? Sounds super long.
    It's around 40 minutes each way so... 80 minutes all up. (you get used to it once it becomes a routine)

On another note, just finished Mario 3D Land. Was awesome, but a bit too easy.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You play your DS as you walk?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

When I walked to work, I would check streetpasses while walking. Couldn't do anything more in-depth though. I did use to play Animal Crossing New Leaf on the bus though. Some fish and bugs could only be found between 4-9am which is commuting time to work. Can't do it any more cause I drive to work now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't play my 3DS much last year, but this year, I played Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and absolutely loved it. One of the best of the series even if I did miss examining things in the investigation period (besides the set periods where you can).

I also so got back into Pokemon and bought Pokemon X. I'm not so far into it (just past the first visit to Lumiose City) but I am loving it so far. It takes a damn long time for a perfectionist like me: so many Pokemon to catch and level up, not to mention super-train.

You play your DS as you walk?
    Nope, I walk with my girlfriend.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I also so got back into Pokemon and bought Pokemon X. I'm not so far into it (just past the first visit to Lumiose City) but I am loving it so far. It takes a damn long time for a perfectionist like me: so many Pokemon to catch and level up, not to mention super-train.
    I got all 718 pokemon in about 200 hours. I have been Shiny Pokemon hunting recently trying to make a shiny only squad. That is taking time. If you are interested in EV training your pokemon, you're best super training them a soon as you catch them. It takes about 45-60 minutes to full train each pokemon via super training.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got all 718 pokemon in about 200 hours. I have been Shiny Pokemon hunting recently trying to make a shiny only squad. That is taking time. If you are interested in EV training your pokemon, you're best super training them a soon as you catch them. It takes about 45-60 minutes to full train each pokemon via super training.
    I haven't the spirit to super-train them to full completion. I have gotten over half with Pidgey, Braixen and one or two others though. I've also been using Pokemon-Amie to get the benefits from there as well.

Funnily enough about shiny pokemon, I've got one already! It's a Gulpin on that route just west of Lumiose (Route 5?). Found it in a Horde encounter. Pretty neat to find one so damn early.

How did you get all 718 pokemon? Did you have to trade loads?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man, I need to post in here but my heavy use of the 3DS was a few months ago. I've been busy with school and other things to use it very much.

Articles

I haven't the spirit to super-train them to full completion. I have gotten over half with Pidgey, Braixen and one or two others though. I've also been using Pokemon-Amie to get the benefits from there as well.

Funnily enough about shiny pokemon, I've got one already! It's a Gulpin on that route just west of Lumiose (Route 5?). Found it in a Horde encounter. Pretty neat to find one so damn early.

How did you get all 718 pokemon? Did you have to trade loads?
    Basically yeah. I began at the start of the year and was done by the end of February. Before the release of Pokemon anywhere but Japan someone people got access to it. Shauna found a Piplup or some other random starter on the Wonder Trade and I used that to trade for anything I was missing and was breedable. E.g. I bred it, then went to the wonder trade to get things like Ratatta which are not available in X/Y.

When I had everything it was feesable to get via trading, I started on the other games Like Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black/White and Platinum to get the things I was missing. Mostly Legendaries.

I then traded with friends to get the 7 or so I was missing. Things like Mew, Deoxys, Melotta etc.

I imagine it would be harder now that the Pokemon Bank is live, thus lowering the scarcity of the starters.

I just got a 3ds recently and beat the legend of Zelda link between two worlds and spirit tracks, played a little bit of scribblenauts and have started Dragon quest 6.