Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToriJ's Top 11 Television Shows

Blog Entries

I've never heard of #10

Never watched Community. -__-;

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's always that one entry that no one has ever heard of.

Community has the misfortune of being on at the same time as the Big Bang Theory so I always forget it's on.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard of Emily of New Moon but never watched it. Didn't look like the sort of thing that would interest me at all growing up, and I've always been a bit put off by anything to do with L.M. Montgomery. I don't have a good reason for it, but I'm from PEI and her stuff is so big there I could never stand it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't even know it was for kids. It gets bonus points from me for not talking down to kids because I never felt like I was watching a kids show.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know if it's for kids, but it was on all the damn time when I was a kid. Stupid CBC.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Community is great! i love it!
    im not so sure when its on the tv, but when i can find it i always watch it.
    ive tried watching season 4 (or 5?) on the internet, but it just doesnt have the same feeling to it.. and they started somewhere weird, so ill first have to rewath the previous episodes to know what happened becaus (SPOILER) it started with Jeff geing bankrupt in his office
    so ill just watch it on tv

Nr.9 has my:

Seal-of-approval.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I don't know if it's for kids, but it was on all the damn time when I was a kid. Stupid CBC.
    I know the books were for kids, but I have no idea about the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Community is great! i love it!
    im not so sure when its on the tv, but when i can find it i always watch it.
    ive tried watching season 4 (or 5?) on the internet, but it just doesnt have the same feeling to it..
    Season Four and it's because they got rid of the showrunner for one stupid reason or another that it didn't have the same feel. It's considered the worst of the seasons, luckily the showrunner has returned for Season Five. To my knowledge I haven't seen any of the episodes of Season Four yet.

If there's one thing I noticed, it's that all the shows I have listed so far has had problems with their fourth season.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Community. I'm actually currently rewatching the series in the background as I work on other stuff and am about halfway through Season 4. You can tell the fourth season was pretty shaky with Harmon being kicked off the show. The characters often feel more like caricatures of themselves (I think that would be the right term.) Everyone feels off. There are still some funny moments, though! Season 5 has been pretty great so far with only 1 episode I'd consider a bit of a dud.

Glee I did not enjoy at all the one episode I saw. To be fair, that's not giving it much of a chance. It doesn't seem like my thing, though. The other show I've never heard of.

I don't watch TV what the hell am I doing here?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Lawandorder02.jpg
    It's appropriate that this is at number eight since that's probably how many shows there's been. You had the original, this one, Criminal Intent, Trial by Jury (that didn't last) Los Angeles (that didn't last either) and I know you folks over in the UK had your own version of the show. To my knowledge SVU is the only that still remains, which I find to be a testament to how good it is as out of all of them SVU has the most recognizable cast. You can tune in the middle of any of them and know which Law & Order it is just by who's appearing on your television screen.

What makes Law & Order stands out from all the crime drama for me, except perhaps being among the more realistic ones, is that they take real cases and use them as the starting platform for their episodes and that's probably why the franchise has survived for as long as it has. Because if there's one thing you can count on is the continuation of sick people doing disgusting things to other people. SVU especially can get a little hard to watch since it's the show that deals specifically with rape cases and child molestation, but nine times out of ten they're very good in the way they go about it. The show's not as good now that a lot of the old cast members keep leaving, but it's been around since 99, that was bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully it'll end because it slags too much.

And to put Shaibana's mind at ease this is the only crime drama that will be appearing on the list.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

SVU is a guilty pleasure of mine. But they've had some absolutely moronic episodes over the years that piss me off tremendously.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have not watched most of these shows so far

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah... SVU is getting to that point where they should probably end it.

Shion needs to come over to my place and we'll have marathon.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Any time I see them depict gamers in any fashion I wish they would end it. My god they love their gamer stereotypes. The other Law & Orders weren't any better in that regard.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This list is cabbage.