Thread: Lightning Returns will have Lara Croft DLC at launch

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I still find the idea of Lightning not wearing combat suitable clothes distasteful, but insofar as the effect of these kinds of DLC, I can tolerate it. Final Fantasy never had changeable costumes, and these are not just aesthetic effects, so fine. I still find their inclusion has an impact on the characterisation but look it's the third Final Fantasy XIII game and god willing it will be the last so I'm happy to look the other way.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I still find the idea of Lightning not wearing combat suitable clothes distasteful
    Curious: Why? She's never worn combat suitable clothes. In I'd guess around 90% of Final Fantasy characters never wore combat suitable clothes. There are undoubtedbly some Knights or something that can make up the other 10% xD

I don't care much for DLC, but in this case it makes sense to not include it in the game. I think she looks pretty great in the outfit, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I still find the idea of Lightning not wearing combat suitable clothes distasteful
    Curious: Why? She's never worn combat suitable clothes. In I'd guess around 90% of Final Fantasy characters never wore combat suitable clothes. There are undoubtedbly some Knights or something that can make up the other 10% xD
    Heh. I actually read an article which was interviewing an armorer/armor historian about video game armor, and how effective it would be in combat. You'd be surprised how few characters, even who wear full armor, are actually geared for combat in video games. The Warrior of Light's armor from Dissidia was ruined by the horns which, in addition to being heavy, also provide great leverage for anyone trying to break your neck. But Kain's Dragoon armor was actually one of the more effective armor sets reviewed.

I don't care much for DLC, but in this case it makes sense to not include it in the game. I think she looks pretty great in the outfit, though.
    I agree, the outfit works well on her.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would love to see that article, if you know where it is!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seconded. That article seems very interesting! Me want!

Here you go.

I hope that works right. That sort of article is always a little finicky.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

"Plays game set in a fantasy world, can't suspend disbelief for inconvenient outfits"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Heh. I actually read an article which was interviewing an armorer/armor historian about video game armor, and how effective it would be in combat. You'd be surprised how few characters, even who wear full armor, are actually geared for combat in video games. The Warrior of Light's armor from Dissidia was ruined by the horns which, in addition to being heavy, also provide great leverage for anyone trying to break your neck. But Kain's Dragoon armor was actually one of the more effective armor sets reviewed.
    I'd like them to review FF11 armor. A lot of that stuff actually looks like it would work pretty well.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?