Thread: Least Favorite Color

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fun fact: boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is a really new thing. It started around the fifties, from what I remember. Before that, it was the other way around, because baby blue was more often associated with the Virgin Mary, while pink was the only acceptable shade of red (considered masculine) for boys because it did not bring blood to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    i love pink
    So do I

These people just don't understand, Mirage.

Pink is the best ! Everybody is just envious of it's beauty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Fun fact: boys wearing blue and girls wearing pink is a really new thing. It started around the fifties, from what I remember. Before that, it was the other way around, because baby blue was more often associated with the Virgin Mary, while pink was the only acceptable shade of red (considered masculine) for boys because it did not bring blood to mind.
    I've always been skeptical about this claim whenever I've read it, and have never seen any hard evidence suggesting things were the other way around. After a bit of googling, this article seems to agree.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

I like green and I like yellow but I do not like that greenish yellow colour

A quick google calls it chartreuse
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    i love pink
    So do I

These people just don't understand, Mirage.

Pink is the best ! Everybody is just envious of it's beauty
    God I love the colours salmon and coral so much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I've always been skeptical about this claim whenever I've read it, and have never seen any hard evidence suggesting things were the other way around. After a bit of googling, this article seems to agree.
    Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. This article seems to base it's claims on evolutionary psychology, which is considered bulltrout by most scholars, but is somehow still gobbled up by pop science magazines. People love to get confirmation that the stereotypes they have are somehow ingrained in their biology, which is a false claim, as one closer look at gender roles in different indigenous tribes proves that gender roles (and, by extension, color-coding) are, in fact, purely cultural

I'm writing my MA on gender issues in linguistics and have read quite a few actual scientific books. So yeah, don't believe everything that confirms your beliefs.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brown and white

Brown is the color or turds and white is the color of snow. I hate both equally.

Greenish yellow diarhea color also blows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. This article seems to base it's claims on evolutionary psychology, which is considered bulltrout by most scholars, but is somehow still gobbled up by pop science magazines. People love to get confirmation that the stereotypes they have are somehow ingrained in their biology, which is a false claim, as one closer look at gender roles in different indigenous tribes proves that gender roles (and, by extension, color-coding) are, in fact, purely cultural

I'm writing my MA on gender issues in linguistics and have read quite a few actual scientific books. So yeah, don't believe everything that confirms your beliefs.
    But that's exactly the point I was making. Is there actually any evidence that pink used to be a boy colour and blue used to be a girl colour?

there was a picture here

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sadly you'll get me in the anti-pink brigade. I like eating cake and drinking tea with my girlfriend, but there's only so much pink one can take in the twee tearooms we inevitably end up in.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Purple is incredibly overrated. It too garrish, particularly the more vibrant shades.
    I'll stick up for brown though. I'd be nothing if not for brown pants and shoes.

Oh, and though my favourite colour is green - yucky olivey poop green is gross n' stuff.

I hate white. White stuff gets dirty so quickly. I bought white sheets once. What a mistake. Hospitals are so white too. Oh, white headlights always up in my eyes making me squint n' trout. White bread isn't that great either. A white lie can ruin relationships, ya know? There's this whole white guilt thing I'm supposed to be doing all the time according to Tumblr. White cats aren't as cool as black cats. Vanilla isn't as good strawberry. Eat my irrational dislike for you, color.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

White walls are the worse.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Amen to that.

Blog Entries

They aren't bad with light woodwork.

Articles