Thread: Help needed stuck on disc 4.

Default Help needed stuck on disc 4.

I'm at the part where you fight Adel. As it stands I haven't got the required skills or weapons to beat her also I'm unable to go the World map to do what's needed to get them.

My physical attack power is weak, magic ok if i use triple.

Adel can wipe out my teams full HP in 2 moves, sometimes she gets 3 turns before I can heal.

Basic stats

Quistis 4000 hp level 40
    Squall 2300 40 This combiation gets me furthest in battle
    Zell 1300 26

I haven't got the cactuar attack that a lot of online guides suggest. I have a few Ultima and Flare but they only do 1000 damage. Haste helps but once she gets a few moves in, I'm finished.

Here's the worst bit, my last save is 16 hours ago so I'm amm literaly stuck in Lunatic Pandora. Infinite moogle hugs to anyone that can help

Well I am sure that there will be people much more helpful but if worst comes to worst, you could try to pull off The End limit of Selphie. The chances are low but better than going 16 hours back.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly don't remember that section of the game well. My only advice is the advice I'd give anyone stuck in this game: refine, refine, refine.

Draw magic from enemies, refine it into better spells if possible, refine cards into magic, items into magic. Junction it all and use normal attacks to kill everything that needs killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Do you have Aura?
    I have about 30 Aura stones, I'll give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Well I am sure that there will be people much more helpful but if worst comes to worst, you could try to pull off The End limit of Selphie. The chances are low but better than going 16 hours back.
    I'll look into it but I've hardly used Selphie and she probably only has her starting limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I honestly don't remember that section of the game well. My only advice is the advice I'd give anyone stuck in this game: refine, refine, refine.

Draw magic from enemies, refine it into better spells if possible, refine cards into magic, items into magic. Junction it all and use normal attacks to kill everything that needs killing.
    I was unaware you could do that, I'll also give it a try.

Thanks for the replies maybe it's not game over yet.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think Selphie's limit breaks ever change. It's just a matter of continually hitting retry until the right one comes up.

So I've improved a little bit in this battle, I had control for a good 5 minutes maybe pushing 2/3rds damage then Mighty guard wore off and the 2nd Ultima followed by Flare is too much for me. One thing I don't get is I've lost Aura stones and Hero from my inventory, no idea how or why.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Try sorting your inventory? The battle item order is different to the menu item order, IIRC.

If you have it, cast Meltdown at the start of the battle.

Have one character doing nothing but healing, via either magic, items or abilities. Remember to cast Double/Triple/Cerberus on them ASAP. Heal even if it seems like you don't need to. Use your other character to revive KOed allies if they die.

I can't remember if Adel is one of those sorceresses who zaps your GFs as soon as you try to use them, but if she is, don't be afraid to sacrifice one to distract her in a pinch.

She's the one who has Rinoa attached to her as you fight, so you can only use Cerburus. My chances in this battle depend on whether I get Quistis LB early and if her first Meteor doesn't take out Quistis and Zell. It's real tough hardest battle I've faced in any FF.

Finally cracked it, after a 25 minute battle. I managed to get 2 characters up to 4000+ health and that did the job. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by magemasher; 02-07-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Also since you are having trouble controlling the flow of the battle, you could set battle speed to lowest and to wait mode if you didn't already. The battle should be way less chaotic.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Congrats on beating what is usually the hardest battle for people. Nobody ever seems appropriately prepared for that first time around.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Thanks. Stuck on the last boss now, I get to part 4 of the fight but Ultamecia's Apocolypse is too strong. It takes 40 minutes to get there so I'm calling it quits for now. I might return to it another time (youtube ending). I need to get 13-2 done before the new one, and FFX soon, so busy, should probably quit my job as well.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Adel is crazy hard. Ultimecia can be pretty easy if you approach it right. in case you don't want to do it an easy way Get Squall's Leonhart weapon, get a bunch of Aura spells, card mod Bahamut's card to 100 megalixer's. I think I had 100 Curaga junctioned to the HP to make that pretty high for my characters. Have one character casting aura on squall, one character tossing megalixers each turn, and have Squall using his limit break every turn. Gets the job done fast. Of course, getting the Bahamut card involves the painful process of fighting a bunch of ruby dragons in a row to fight Bahamut, and that's an annoyingly hard process, haha. Keeping one person throwing other healing items every turn should work though.

Thanks for posting that info scotty. Unfortunately I've lost the will to get whats needed to beat this boss, maybe I'll go back to it another time.

Quote Originally Posted by magemasher View Post
    Thanks. Stuck on the last boss now, I get to part 4 of the fight but Ultamecia's Apocolypse is too strong. It takes 40 minutes to get there so I'm calling it quits for now. I might return to it another time (youtube ending). I need to get 13-2 done before the new one, and FFX soon, so busy, should probably quit my job as well.

From memory you need to defeat Ulti before she unleashes Apocalypse. You need to have Aura's and just unleash limit break, after limit break. I found Rinoa's and Squall's final limit breaks, to be the most deadly.

I think that you can also draw Apocalypse from her and use it on her; but you can't keep the spell.