Thread: Magical Imaginary Food You Read About

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Magical Imaginary Food You Read About

I'm pushing my way through the Song of Ice and Fire series, and the damn food sounds so freaking delicious! I get hungry just reading about it! Every time I read about sweet-tasting summerwine, honeyed-anything, bread, cheese, tarts and other desserts, iced milk sweetened with honey, herb-crusted anythings, venison pies and every goddamn other thing listed in those books, I start drooling all over myself!

It's the same thing with Harry Potter. I'm reading Order of the Phoenix right now and all of the damn chocolates and sweets and feast foods and the like sound so great. I've wanted to make butterbeer for a long time, and I imagine it tasting like butterscotch cream soda. Call me a dweeb, but I've always wanted to have a Harry Potter food party. A Game of Thrones food party is looking a lot more delectable these days, though, I must say.

Additionally, here is a list of Harry Potter-inspired treats I want to try! LOOK AT THAT BURROUGH GINGERBREAD HOUSE

Talk about wonderfully-sounding imaginary food that you read about and possibly want to try.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I saw Every Flavour Beans being sold at one store I went to once.

Should have bought those things >.>

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Harry Potter inspired goodies

Yorkshire puddings

Cornish pasties

WELP. That list was cool until it lost all credibility by including these as Harry Potter inspired. xD

In other news, I want to go to the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando to get Butterbeer and that is my current goal in life.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They probably just threw them in there as being a part of the Harry Potter foods to expand the list a little, silly xD

gotcook.jpg I couldn't resist buying this last year

It has recipes for black bread, and Auruch stew which is replaced with beef. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.
    Last edited by magemasher; 02-08-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries

There's unofficial Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and The Hunger Games cookbooks with recipes inspired by each all by the same author more or less.. Actually, I think there's 2 Hunger Games cookbooks. I found them in the Nashville e-library by chance.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not magical, or even technically imaginary, but damned if the animated pizza on Ninja Turtles didn't always look delicious as a child.

Yes TMNT pizza and Simpsons cake.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would love to give some of my co-workers an acid pop. I would then watch with glee as it burned a hole through their tongue.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harry Potter always made me hungry every time I would read any of the books. Got to try Butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was so smurfing delicious. Loooove.

It's not magical or imaginary, but I would love to try the original Cronut one day. Maybe in a few years when the hype has wound down and I make a visit to New York.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    ot to try Butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was so smurfing delicious. Loooove.
    I've had it in Florida and in London (Studio tour) and I think the London one was even better than the Florida one.

A Song of Ice and Fire seems to be filled with people eating lamprey and lamprey sounds foul.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I've had it in Florida and in London (Studio tour) and I think the London one was even better than the Florida one.
    Urgh I need to go to there too.

There are quite a few ASoIaF-inspired cookbooks/blogs:

Inn at the Crossroads
    http://www.amazon.ca/Feast-Ice-Fire-.../dp/0345534492 (published by the aforementioned blog)
    http://www.amazon.ca/The-Unofficial-.../dp/B00BR1Z20O (previously mentioned by magemasher)