Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird question

Default Weird question

Ok so this may sounds very creepy to some of you but I am personally very interested in this topic. The question sounds:

"If you had someone you want to kill and you could kill him/her without ANY consequences at all, would you kill the person?"

For me personally, the answer is yes but I don't have anyone I would want to kill even close and I would probably piss myself before really ending someone's life even if there were no consequences.

Blog Entries

If by "no consequences" that also means there's no afterlife or whether i go to heaven/hell is not effected and this is known to me as a fact, then yes I'd off one of the more unstoppable brutally inhumane dictators. That is if a means to perform the murder is also provided as I assume I don't have the knowhow to choreograph an assassination by myself.
    If it has to be someone i know personally and actually have a means and opportunity to kill then probably not unless I personally knew an unstoppable brutally inhumane dictator.

If the possibility of an afterlife is still unknown to me and "no consequences" only applies to real world consequences then I wouldn't kill anyone. Souls and/or lives may or may not be sacred and its not up to me to make that decision.

edit: Though if I KNEW there was NO afterlife, I might go nuts and just kill any human who is a hindrance in the pursuit of immortality (eg politicians and bureaucrats who would oppose stemcell research or something) assuming I can perform as many non-consequential murders as I like, ultimately becoming the unstoppable brutally inhumane dictator I once hated so much
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 02-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Presumably, yes, since we've already established that this hypothetical person is somebody I want to kill. Since I'm already in the position of wanting to kill them, being gifted full immunity to do the deed would most likely guarantee the outcome.

I'd kill Psychotic.

Default Hell, that's why some are still alive even with consequences.

It really depends on what tools are available at the moment. A knife is just a lot of messy work. A gun maybe. They can live or die dependent on how lazy I feel that day.

Blog Entries

I'd presume no consequences also means no cleanup or followup laundry

edit: also following my no afterlife/immorality train of thought, if i needed a new lung or something I might kill anyone who was a match to take theirs

edit2: also if no consequences means no ptsd or guilt then that means whatever gave me this non consequences ability is altering my brainchemistry if I commit the murder which is not cool but i think i could live with that if i was perusing immortality in a no afterlife universe or stopping dictators
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 02-09-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I guess so? I mean, in this scenario, I really WANT to off someone!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't want to kill anyone.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Even if there are "no consequences" that doesn't mean killing someone is okay.

No killing for me either.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post
    I'd kill Psychotic.
    That would be tremendously ambitious of you.

I think the case for most of us is that when we say or think "I want to kill this person" it's mere hyperbole. It's easy to say yes if someone were to ask "if you had the chance, would you kill so-and-so?" But actually going through with it is another matter altogether.

"Would you kill so-and-so if you had the chance?"
    "Oh, would I ever."
    "Okay, here's all the tools necessary. No repercussions will come of this. Go for it."
    "....w-wait. What?"

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I would probably decide to do it, but back out in the heat of the moment. That is, if I actually felt I had to/wanted to kill someone.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

God.

Think outside the box, nerds.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's a pretty sick question, Ergroilnin. Just so we're clear, I mean sick in the 'diseased' way as opposed to the 'cool' way.

I've been wronged by many people, I know people who have done things that would warrant death when you consider the choices they've made. I could never consciously take someone's life. If anyone on here seriously thinks they could then I want nothing to do with them.