Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam

SEED/Seed Destiny/ 00 were the ones I've seen (seen a bit of unicorn but I believe the shows were an hour long?).

I think all three of them are pretty good but Seed does tend to over emotionalize certain situations.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gundam Wing was my first and favorite Gundam series, the only things from the UC Timeline I could ever appreciate were 0080:War in the Pocket and 0083: Stardust Memories. I've tried to watch the original MSG and Seed but just could never get into them. Yoshiyuki Tomino has this really bad habit of having very painfully slow set-up for his long running stories and so it takes 20-25 episodes before it finally really hooks you but you can't just skip to those episodes or you are completely lost concerning the plot and cast.

I think the reason I didn't care for Seed was because it's pretty much a modern take on the original MSG storyline. The story and plots are painfully similar for a very long time before they really start to diverge, and I feel that kind of killed it for me. I've been meaning to give the original MSG a second chance though.

Course I was always more of a Macross fan anyway...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Like most people here, gundam wing is the way to go! Wing Zero is just too epic!! Oh the wings!!!

Heard there is a sequel novel which sux.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've honestly come around to the UC timeline stuff. I finally sat down and rewatched the OG series and was surprised to discover that I really liked it. Helps that Char is a good side protagonist for Amuro. Zeta could have been better though. I think it was overhyped for me and I really hate Kamille as a character. The writing is also wonky in the game and it really needed a narrator to help you keep rack of the plot sometimes. It also retreads too much ground from the first series and some of the mecha designs are questionable for sure. Char's Counterattack also has some issues with an annoying B-plot with the Newtype girl and it was kind of sad how easily Amuro thrashed Char once he got his Nu Gundam. That thing is a beast, but I also love the Sazabi. I need to watch more stuff though and I really want to rewatch G Gundam because hell yeah!