Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Game is Hard.

So far hard is more bothersome then actually hard most of the time. I nearly got wiped when the enemy got the first turn, and I was nearly 100%, and this was coming off a relatively easy boss in the area just before.

The enemy doesn't get first turn? I pretty much mob through them.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Switch to easy and it's a breezy. Heh.

Well it's much easier; but wouldn't call it easy and breezy ;p

Well, I'm on my way to Chapter 4Earth Crystal in Eternia and yeah, even on Hard I don't think the game is that hard. Easier then any of the Persona 3/4's normal difficulty at least.

It does offer enough a challenge to where you need to put in effort and think though, definitely enough to keep your victories satisfying.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-14-2014 at 12:00 AM.

You should name your spoilers with [spoiler=(Chapter Number Spoilers)], so that we can get a vague idea of where you are, and know whether or not we can click without spoiling ourselves.

That said, unless you do a ton of grinding, I find the bosses pretty hard. Maybe not quite to the Shin Megami Tensei level, but each one almost feels like a wall when I reach it. I usually die several times figuring out how to best fight and approach them (which never happens in Final Fantasy, except possibly on superbosses). Each one feels like a challenge to overcome, and a fun one at that.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The most challenging ones the first run for me were always the ones I just didn't Realize had a pattern at first. Know the pattern on them and it becomes pretty easy.

Also, all the Sub-scenario boss's in the last chapter I ran were pretty damn easy.

The two hardest fights for me have been End of Chapter 3The Behemoth on Grandship and the Water Temples multiplying goo guy.

I edited the above spoiler.

Since I have yet to get any way into chapter 4, I shall avoid reading that and say this.

The moment I Beginning of Chapter 4Land, I get murdered by the randoms and Ice Golem and now have a choice to make. Considering how much besides this game I have to do, between finishing and running some stuff on site, and keeping up on my Pathfinder Campaign, I am pondering dropping difficulty to normal for time reasons. Also to consider I have Theif later this month, and five games dropping in February.

Ok, currently I'm in Chapter 7, and the difficulty has just spiked. Although I absolutely adore the story content of the side missions in this chapter, the battles themselves are incredibly difficult.

(SPOILER)Currently, I'm going up against the Girl-Power trio. It is such an incredibly well built team to fight. Konoe uses Shippujinrai to strike at the start of a turn, and I've seen her Brave while doing it. Two hits from that is enough to nearly kill my weaker characters. Artemisia doesn't usually get to me before I can get Rampart up, but she is keeping me tied down with playing defenses up constantly. And Victoria is an absolutely nightmare with her status effects, especially Doom and Death.

In Chapter 6, I was having my progression stalled by not enjoying the content as much. In Chapter 7, my progression is being stalled by the difficulty of the fights. Any advice you guys can offer is welcome.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Forgive the double post, but I finally beat the Girl Power Trio. Man, they were not a simple fight. But I got them. On to the rest!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't played this game on hard mode, but let me say just one thing: you ain't seen nothing yet, Skyblade.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    I haven't played this game on hard mode, but let me say just one thing: you ain't seen nothing yet, Skyblade.
    Well, I make things harder on myself by outright refusing to let characters die. The only one that occurred was the one needed to get the Brave + Phoenix Down + Potion mission done.

That last fight was really hard because Shippujinrai used twice would instantly kill Ringabel, and would activate before I could throw up a Rampart or even a Protect to save him. Also, Corpse is incredibly overpowered, since nothing can block it except Fairy Ward, and the only way to cure it is a Special Staff move setup to cure Doom, which requires ten turns of healing to set up.

I actually did beat the game back in Chapter Five (by being curious about whether I could break the thing if I kept on). That wasn't too much trouble. But hopefully the true ending will have a fight more in line with what I'm facing right now.

Stuck in Chapter 8 now. Again, the Kikyo Konoe fight. Shippujinrai is just ridiculous. How am I supposed to stop a move that I can't prepare for? Even if a character survives, I have to heal them that turn, or she'll just finish them off by using it the next turn, since it acts first. I managed to finally find a strategy to negate Kamiizumi's insane counters, but now I'm stuck being completely demolished by Shippujinrai. Heck, since she often does it on the first turn, I won't even have time to set up a Rampart or Utsusemi (and putting Ninjitsu on everyone is kind of limiting anyway).

How do you stop the Ninja?!

lol i've been playing it on EASY mode
    and i still find it pretty difficult at times
    endgame spoilerslike yesterday with the first two airy monster battles

i rocked the first airy version with that R skill of templar
    but then i was lost at the second airy version because it kept killing me off with major damage of those elemental attacks
    but then i was like; wtf, wait, how could i've been so stupid....
    so then i figured using that skill that nullifies all elemental damage for 4 turns
    nailed it i was like ''BITCH, CANT TOUCH THIS''

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    lol i've been playing it on EASY mode
    and i still find it pretty difficult at times
    Endgame Spoilerslike yesterday with the first two airy monster battles

i rocked the first airy version with that R skill of templar
    but then i was lost at the second airy version because it kept killing me off with major damage of those elemental attacks
    but then i was like; wtf, wait, how could i've been so stupid....
    so then i figured using that skill that nullifies all elemental damage for 4 turns
    nailed it i was like ''BITCH, CANT TOUCH THIS''
    As much as I wish we didn't have to, the game is new enough that we still need to use spoiler tags for content like that, especially if you're going to be naming endgame bosses.

Just [ spoiler] (with no space) before your post, and [/ spoiler] after. If you want to name it (as I did with the "Endgame Spoiler" bit up there), then it is [ spoiler=Endgame Spoiler] for the first tag. Once posted, just click the spoiler tag to open it up and see what was said.

That said, if you got by that fight with Enigma, you're actually pretty lucky. If your foe uses Acedia, she can nullify all your buffs (including Enigma), and inflict a weakness to all elemental damage to you, which will then hurt a lot if you don't have the ability to recast it before she gets her next move off.