Thread: This Game is Hard.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I also used Enigma. I was actually kinda disappointed, because the boss had a really easily exploitable weakness. After all those tag team battles, this one was a breeze.

Well, remember, none of the tag team battles were in the original game. Every chapter after Chapter 4 was a DLC chapter that was essentially identical to what we got in Chapter 5.

And Acedia can still wreck Enigma in that fight, unless you had multiple Spiritmasters.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

i have a hunch that you guys playing the USA version is kinda different from the europe version
    ...which i am playing lol, the europe version
    because i wasnt talking about that skill and so on

Articles

I played on the European Version, and the skill that negates damage for 4 turns is definitely called Enigma. I just checked there and everything.

The skill there are talking about Acedia I presume is one the boss uses and that negates the effects of Enigma.

Acedia has two effects. It negates the effect of your stat buffs (like Strength 150% and such), and it gives you a debuff that makes you weak to every element (this overwrites Enigma). So it can cause a lot of problems if you're relying on Enigma to negate the damage.

It doesn't erase Stillness, though. If you want to just completely break the game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.