Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope is Navi

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Colbert Hope is Navi

Good lord, does he ever stop wittering on? Hey listen!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My main issue with Hope is just that they make his conversations with Lightning while you are out in the world way too long at times. It's not too rare for a conversation to start and to not hear the end of it before another conversation is triggered by you walking too far. I'm pretty certain I had to trigger chronostasis twice in a conversation once if I wanted to just stand there and listen to it without fear of not getting to hear all of it and without having it eat up so much time.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's worse when he interrupts an interesting story conversation. Even better, he has on occasion called me up to interrupt himself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's more what I was meaning. He interrupts himself all the time for me, and it's generally some pretty interesting story stuff that I'd like to hear, and it's usually something stupid he's interrupting himself with. This really should have been handled better. Say what you will about Navi, but she doesn't interrupt herself and what she has to say takes like two seconds. It's not interesting, but you aren't missing out on anything if you just ignore her, heh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wouldn't mind him so much if he had a bit more personality. =| He makes Lightning look like the life of the party.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like that there's always this running dialogue between Lightning and Hope, my two favorite FFXIII characters.
    I do not like that I sometimes have to choose between listening to it and making good time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I agree BoB. They destroyed Hope's character in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Yeah, I agree BoB. They destroyed Hope's character in this.
    Finish the story and you will see.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked adult Hope. Wonder why they went with the younger version in the game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I liked adult Hope. Wonder why they went with the younger version in the game.
    It is Future Hope, so not the character's very own Hope. He was just made a child in appearance for reasons I won't spoiler.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I get that the game has some silly explanation for it I'm sure. My question was more for the design, why did the developers decide that the younger appearance would be better? They could have easily kept the older model and made up something like they did for most of this plot.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yeah I get that the game has some silly explanation for it I'm sure. My question was more for the design, why did the developers decide that the younger appearance would be better? They could have easily kept the older model and made up something like they did for most of this plot.
    That is not really a silly explanation in the story. It is part of the plot and would not have with exactly the same impact that was intended because of what happened and what happens. There are some odd things but that is not one of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hope's a fairy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They might have a perfectly fine explanation for the way he is, and it might even redeem the Hope of this game for me. That being said, he is just terribly uninteresting to me at this point in the game. I am hopeful that I will come to appreciate his role in this game.

I've been listening to his conversations, then reloading and ignoring them. They put the entire game on a time table, and then start putting dialogue in while the clock is ticking? Frell that. At least Portal gave a really good explanation for it, with GlaDos trying to distract you long enough for the deadly neurotoxin to kill you. You'd think, since Hope knows time is critical, he would shut the heck up and let me save the world.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.