Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope is Navi

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe Hope was the villain all along o.o

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

I'm not wanting spoilers but I do wish they made Hope just a bit less annoying. I mean I didn't love Hope in the first one and in the second I didn't have to do much more than tolerate him but he was better, and now it's just What?

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by radicaledward124 View Post
    I do wish they made Hope just a bit less annoying.
    Oh dear.

Articles

Hey Lightning, it's 5 AM. You have one hour before you have to come back to the Ark.

Articles

Light, it's 5.15. You know what that means, right?

Articles

Okay Light, you have just half an hour to go before you get called back to the Ark, so make sure you do everything you ne-

Lightning, it's 5.40 AM. You have twent-

Fifteen minutes left Light. Just in case you had forgotten what happens at 6 AM every day, you're going to be magically teleported back up to the Ark.

I am not even smurfing exaggerating here. He literally interrupted his third call to me about it being 6 AM soon by calling me to remind me that it would be 6 AM soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hope is going to make a wonderful mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Okay Light, you have just half an hour to go before you get called back to the Ark, so make sure you do everything you ne-

Lightning, it's 5.40 AM. You have twent-

Fifteen minutes left Light. Just in case you had forgotten what happens at 6 AM every day, you're going to be magically teleported back up to the Ark.

I am not even smurfing exaggerating here. He literally interrupted his third call to me about it being 6 AM soon by calling me to remind me that it would be 6 AM soon.
    That is still nothing compared to "Hey! Wisten!".

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're right. It's much worse.

"Hey Light, you have 10 minutes left. I just don't want you to be caught by surprise when you are transported back. I know I've told you this at least 10 times in the last hour and that we go through this everyday, but I'm still really concerned that it will be a big surprise that this will happen to you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My least favourite was "Hey, Lightning, you may have smurfed up that battle because you're such a loser, but did you know you lost an HOUR of time? Because you totally did. Gods, you're awful. Just so bad.. You lost a battle AND an hour of time. You're a double-loser. LOSER-LOSER."

SHUT UP HOPE.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Square is just trolling us with Hope now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    You're right. It's much worse.
    Seriously not.

N: "Hey, wisten!"
    L: ...
    L: ...
    L: "WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!"
    N: "Hi."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VLe7G6Bxdg

EDIT: And I am really sick of people persuading someone while lacking intended context by original makers and ignoring officially published material, just ignoring canonicity. Still I can find these people on many websites and their pages, see PuPu for example. For that the Ignore List exists. Navi is famous with her "hints", famous enough that this thread was made to compare Hope with her and while exaggerated, famous with her words as she is just present all the time.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-19-2014 at 05:42 AM.

I'm convinced that 90% of the people who complain about the "Hey, listen" never played the game. Do you realize how infrequent it was? It happened once when you started up the game, to make sure that you knew what part of the story you were on and where to go, and it only ever repeated once an hour (of real time) after that. Even then, it would only repeat if you didn't progress the story at all within that hour. Other than that, you would hear a "hey" if you ran too close to a locked door or something similar, and would only hear the "listen" if you asked her to explain. Navi was one of the least obtrusive, most helpful companions in video gaming, and I am really sick of her getting ostracized for trying to help make sure you don't get lost in Hyrule at such an incredibly infrequent rate.

I never had a problem with Navi. Ocarina of Time is easily my favorite Legend of Zelda game.

As for Hope, he doesn't say much of critical relevance. Only time he gets annoying is if he talks over someone else. Or in all of XIII, he was pretty annoying then. XIII-2 made him more tolerable, so I'm indifferent to him now.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.