Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #107

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #107

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week some incredible images were on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Lightning by Sonellion

Time to show off some artwork by someone who has always really captured me with her artwork on DeviantArt - the wonderfully talented Sonellion. I trust I'm not the only person who looks at her art and sees real depth to her works! In this instance we are treated to a beautiful Lightning, and for a character so tough and cold, you can feel the softer side of her really come out in this art piece. Want to see more FF art by Sonellion? Check out her Quistis art, or spend your time going through the Final Fantasy VII: Moments project and you'll find a certain Yuffie image that really impresses!

Ultros Boogie by Meowtwo

Did you know Ultros was recently introduced to Final Fantasy XIV? Because that is totally a thing that happened. However, in this instance, it's FFIX that is getting the octopus treatment and I dare say the cephalopod is having a really good time with these two buxom ladies. Seems to me Ruby is pretty happy to accommodate her new pet, ha! To see more of Meowtwo's art, which is something well worth doing, be sure to check out their Shenanimation Tumblr!

Born with the gift of Magic by Kaysa

It's a female dominated showcase this week, the girls are well and truly taking over! Terra is one of Kaysa's favourite characters and it really shows in this gorgeous traditional artwork. The colouring, the style, the linework, everything is truly top drawer. I particularly love the esper variant on the left, the purples and whites mix together to perfection. This isn't the only Final Fantasy VI FanArt the talented Mexican artist has produced recently - check out her Kefka art, too!

Final Fantasy IX: Garnet - Dagger Amano version by dagga19

This French lady is no stranger to our showcase, and her artwork of Garnet being showcased is not a first either - but I'll be damned if it doesn't still grab my attention every time she puts out more! In this case she's opted for a different look - that of the Amano version of Final Fantasy IX's leading lady. As always, the colouring is vibrant and I reall love the little butterfly touch, it really shows off the elegance and grace of the princess. What do you think of the Amano attire? I personally feel it's a better look than what we saw in the game!

Four Feathers by Nakuru-Nebelung

Okay, so it's not completely dominated by girls, but all the dudes in this showcase definitely aren't human (not that Ultros minds, I'm sure). In this adorable artwork we see Red taking care of his cubs. If the night sky isn't beautiful enough for you, if the cubs aren't cute enough for you, if the badass look that Red XIII always carries so well isn't cool enough for you, then be sure to click the image for a few little lines of text to explain the Four Feathers title and imagine the rest of the tale. It's given me a surge of nostalgia just reading those four short lines!

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Aeris 03 by DeutschGreen (cosplay) and 肉侠 (photography)

Time for Showcase of the Week! On this occasion it's Eva and she's rocking the Aeris cosplay. Eva opted for the Crisis Core look, the one I personally prefer, and her photographer has clearly taken the extra effort to get just the right angle! I really love the feather touch, too, it really helps to bring out the Final Fantasy in this cosplay. Great work all round by cosplayer and photographer alike, you've done yourselves proud!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

dagga19 is always a favorite of mine, hence why I almost always feature her art when I've done these showcases. I like this week's showcase, the Ultros Boogie is pretty great.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Very pretty Lightning. Love the Red XIII as well