Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition

Articles

Default Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition

So it has come to my attention that there is an HD remake of "Tales of Symphonia" and "Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of a New World" coming out on the 28th of February. This is because Tales of Symphonia is 10 years old this year. There is a collectors edition that has been announced which comes with the game, 2 CD soundtrack, artwork, novel and 5 mini figurines.

It seems to be retailing for £70. Anyone played the games before, or looking to pick up the HD collection?
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 02-16-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played both games, so this interests me. However, I don't have a PS3, so that's a wasted use of money if I end up buying this. xD Both are great games, with Tales of Symphonia more so than the sequel. I wouldn't mind getting it for the figurines, though!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles

I've not played the second one yet. Shauna and I recently played through the first game, which I played to death as a teenager. Despite loving the game, I pointed out how much I was annoyed by "This level" or "that character". I think I complained about every single area we went into and then we finished the game. Dunno why I loved the game so much as a kid if everything about it was annoying xD

Edit - If you are a fan of the figurines, maybe you should check out the "Tales of" Nenrdoriod Figures. I bought this set on ebay yesterday because I planned to get the Collectors edition of Tales of Symphonia. I have far too many mini figures to fit on my shelf as it is, no idea where these are all going to fit xD
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 02-16-2014 at 01:55 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

HOLY trout.

DAY ONE PURCHASE. I did everything in this game and enjoyed every single second. I wonder if they fixed the spell canceling / insta-cast proc you could exploit in the GCN version. Raine is the dust-broom wielding immortal.
    Last edited by Jowy; 02-16-2014 at 08:20 AM. Reason: square-enix, take note. this is how to remake a game.

Articles

When I played it recently Shauna played as Lloyd, and I played as zelos. When it turns out that camera focused on her and not the field it was impossible to play anything but mages. So I opted to play as Raine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't even heard of the series until I found out about this game through the wiki for games coming out this year. Sounds interesting, but I probably won't be picking it up for a while, if at all. Too busy with the games from my request list.

Articles

The "tales of" series of one of the larger RPG series in Japan. 14 total games have been released, 9 of which have been localized in the west. My favorite in the series is Tales of Vesperia for the Xbox 360, but tales of symphonia was the first one I played. Got me some nostalgia associated to this game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I will totally get this. Been waiting for it for some time now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I am pre-ordering that collector's edition at the end of the month. (like 2 days before it's released xD)

I loved ToS but never got around to buying Dawn of a New World, so I'll definitely be using this opportunity.

Articles

I bought Dawn of a New World like the week is was released. I saw it in the stores and had to pick it up knowing how rare it was. I still haven't played it. I am amazing at playing games I own clearly. xD

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saw this advertised on the PSN a couple of weeks back and pre-ordered it immediately. Never did play the second one so I'm looking forward to it.

Articles

There was a small moment of panic there as 5/6 retailers either did not have the stock for the collectors edition. Amazon and game don't even appear to be taking orders which is weird so I assume they are out of stock too. One retailer I'd never heard of before still had them in stock (365 games), so I've ordered it from there. Had I waited until Wednesday like I had planned to I might not have been able to get the order in.

Standard edition is still everywhere though.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm in love with the Tales series.

I wanted to get the NA collector's edition. But I've been looking around and it seems to be sold out everywhere! I just...I...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'll pick it up at some point, I'm a huge fan of the Tales of Symphonia original and never found a copy of the sequel so yes plz

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

It's out now and I've got mine downloading on the old PS3. So let's talk about the classic title and its sequel I never played because it was on the Wii until now.

EDIT: Merged with earlier thread -Murder