Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I just discovered this Aeronite monster thing.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Just bumped into this thing. Thanks to this thread I knew what it was and with a "Sorry (SPOILER)Fang I hope chewing on your bones satiates it!" I dashed off with the orb in hot pursuit. Had to jump off a cliff to get it to smurf off.

Ding dong the bitch is smurfing dead at last! Normal difficulty and only one Ether used, too.

The biggest issue I had with this asshole was staggering it. Sometimes I had no problem, other times it would just fly away as if mocking my very existence. Needless to say it was infuriating. Took about 30+ attempts to finally get the smurfer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm thinking I'll go back to my day 10 save where I've done pretty much every sideques and every Chocolina quest and just farm Unappraised items like a madman, hoping to tank up on Ethers before I really give this a go. I had two spare Ethers when I jumped into the fight against the final boss of the game and it made the ending fight easy. Overclock, Overclock, Overclock, Overclock, Overclock... xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll probably wait for a second playthrough to attempt this again. Mainly because I'm not sure I have a save file I'd like to go back to to try to grab more Ethers and such.

I never messed with Ethers during the final fight, but Overclocks made that fight pretty easy, haha.

If you can, stock up on a Hero Potion or two. I made do with a couple of Warrior Potions but Hero Potions are WAY better. Ethers are overrated. I was using Equilibrium+ and it's attack was doing around 40k damage per hit. No where near as good as Artemis Arrows, but while waiting for Soldier of Peace to charge, it was quite nice regardless. Also managed to do it without any big weapon purchasing. I had a previous save on Day 13, right in front of Aeronite's warp distortion, and it was in the final hour of Day 13 so I had no time left to stock up on better recovery items or weapons. It was do or die. And most of the time, I died. A lot.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Finally killed him today. I somehow ended up having two ethers and four turbo ethers before fighting him. I ended up using every single one of them. I still only barely won.
    I like Kung-Fu.