Thread: Has anyone else ran out of time yet?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Default Has anyone else ran out of time yet?

Yeah, I just ran out of time, the world ended, and now I have to start over.

I honestly must be missing something because I wasn't even able to complete any of the area storylines before running out of time.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Chronostasis.

I was trying to be stubborn and forcing my way through the game without using it at all but when I had gotten to the point of "Two Days Until the End of the World" then I decided to be a little more liberal... and now it's "Four Days Until the End of the World" and I'm on Day 9.

Earning the EP you've spend to turn on Chronostasis is super easy. Just go get in a few fights, especially if you can do one in Chaos, and you're fixed up.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

See now i have the opposite problem, I've finished the main quests and nearly all of the side quests and I still have 2 days till the end, and I havent really used Chronostasis, but I have been doing the side quests and the canvas of prayers from the start so I would have the extra time.

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, if time isn't paused and you have EP, use Chronostasis. It's basically a must-use for me. It's really easy to keep track of and I think I was on day six when I finished all the main storylines. I'm cleaning up the last 2-3 sidequests at the moment and am on around day eight.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

My plan from day 1 was to not try to complete the game on my first playthrough. I'm now on day 10 and have basically cleared Luxerion and Wildlands, and have never set foot in the other two zones, but I was expecting the world to end after day 9. Lo and behold, somehow I scrounged up enough Eradia to get another day that I don't even want. Now I either have to visit a new area (and probably not complete it), with yet another boost in difficulty, or I could just dedicate day 10 to slaughtering a bunch of weak enemies.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the importance of time running out and the world ending has been overstated and some of the negative comments about it are hysteria. I think you actually have to work harder to have the world end than have it not end. By the last few days I was twiddling my thumbs and just doing random ridiculous Board of Prayers quests (grind X enemies) and actually willing the end to come. I had to tell myself to stop using Chronostasis because I could've kept it in an indefinite loop at that point.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think the importance of time running out and the world ending has been overstated and some of the negative comments about it are hysteria. I think you actually have to work harder to have the world end than have it not end. By the last few days I was twiddling my thumbs and just doing random ridiculous Board of Prayers quests (grind X enemies) and actually willing the end to come. I had to tell myself to stop using Chronostasis because I could've kept it in an indefinite loop at that point.
    Exactly this, on my last playthrough, I completed all 4 main storylines in a single day (day 2) then I just took my time to do all the side quests, by day 8 I had almost all the side quests done and by day 10 I had all the prayers done... I defeated Aeronite on day 7.

Then I just finished up the small amount of trophies I had left and stopped playing. Really though it is a piece of cake to complete the game.

Still on my first play through. But by Day 11, I had finished nearly all quests, and hunted nearly all monsters to extinction. Failed 1 quest, and had two others I just couldn't do yet. So I can't see myself ever running out the clock unless I were do do it intentionally. But if I ever want to see the game over screen, I can just look it up on Youtube.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.