Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road rules

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I for one actually welcome criticism while im driving (particularly if it saves fuel), though if I disagree with their advice I will argue until they admit they are wrong.
    that kind of advice i wouldnt mind either, but most comments are stuff like: ''hurry up'', ''no, go right here'' (while im in my own neighbourhood and i danm wel know where to drive)

Blog Entries

Smoking is ok, but the window has to be pretty far down. I dont care if it's cold outside or not.

Music is what I want, but I have rly great taste in music so hardly anyone complains. People can go through my music though if they want.

No trying to backseat drive. You may think I'm a crap driver (which I'm not. My dad taught me and said I'm a pretty damn good driver). Keep your trap shut about my driving and we'll get along fine.

^ That's only happened a couple of times, but the people that said it were crackheads, naturally.

Uhmm... Oh. I dont expect navigation help. I'll use my GPS or get directions beforehand.

.... If I'm a passenger though, and you jump on your cell phone while driving me around- idc if it's bluetooth through the car or not, I will get extremely annoyed and irritated. I won't say anything most likely, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Blog Entries

cellphones annoy me real bad.
    just like last night i had a person before me, and he was going left and right, and at a certain moment he was literally driving in the middle of the road :l he was kind of slow so i wanted to pass him but with that driving of his i didnt dare

Blog Entries

I love my car, but people are free to eat, drink and smoke in it. Just don't make a mess. My taste in music is worlds apart from most of my friends so I'm pretty understanding if they want to sync up their own music. I've even got a cousin who likes Bieber and I don't mind.

I don't like it when people complain about the noise though. I like my exhaust. Deal with it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't have rules. The people I drive with are respectful.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

i need to vacuum my car. ive been saying that for a half year now :l
    there is still dirt and grass on the floor from an horse event a half year ago xD

im pretty tidy usual :o but for some reason i have not cleaned my car yet.. the cold weather is stopping me..
    luckely its getting warmer now. yesterday i walked the dog without a coat and went to the stores in a summer coat

thats how warm it is in the netherlands now :l

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No smoking, don't leave trash in my car, don't touch my iPod.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not very picky about my passengers behavior.

Eating is okay. I eat while I drive all the time. I'm not worried about stains. Whatever.
    Smoking is okay if the window is all the way down. I recently quit smoking, but whenever I did smoke and drive both windows were all the way down.
    If I have a radio station on, don't change it unless it is on commercials. If an iPod is going, go for it. As long as music is going I'm happy.
    You are not driving, so don't tell me how to drive. You may point things out, like exits or another vehicle about to slam us.
    Also, I don't care if you can't see out the window, I will put the damned wipers on when I want to do so.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

1. Wear your seatbelt
    2. I can turn my music up as loud as I want

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    Also, I don't care if you can't see out the window, I will put the damned wipers on when I want to do so.
    Oh man this really bothers me too. Like, my old car's windscreen was pretty dodge and if I put the wipers on it would pretty much just smear and make it damn near impossible to see. So like, if it's only lightly raining, smurf off I can see perfectly fine. Friend of mine used to hit the wipers for me and I damn near pulled the car over and made them walk. Don't touch my trout while I'm driving.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yelling. I can't stand it when I'm driving, especially impromptu, out-of-the-blue shouting about something.

Seatbelts go without saying. It's the law here, as well as common sense, so I don't need to mention it.

When I'm going anywhere at night, I insist on my passengers locking their doors. It only takes about half a second, so it's no hassle, but it could be what prevents some random drunk asshole from yanking a door open to deliver facepunches or grab at handbags. Sure, it'll probably never happen to us - but it *does* happen from time to time in these parts, so I make a habit of keeping car doors locked after dark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    2. I can turn my music up as loud as I want
    That reminds me, Im usually open as to letting passenger control the music but if I lower the volume because im on unfamiliar streets and Im trying to concentrate then dont turn it up again!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

all of these are good points. I usually tell the front passenger to control music so that I don't have to worry about it and I know that they are listening to something they enjoy because my music taste is widely varied and I don't care all that much