Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Twitch Plays Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The ultimate challenge would be to try and do this with a game like Dark Souls.
    I don't think it can really be done with a game that does things that aren't functionally turn-based. The entire movement system of Pokemon is really "turn-based," in addition to the combat, which makes it feasible.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    This looks very boring and your thread with Red looking like a dork is the only good thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I visited the channel. 7 days with 60000-100000 people pressing a button? No thanks. I still cannot understand what people think of as awesome nowadays while hating things that really have been made with much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It has to do with having low expectations and having those expectations being exceeded vs. having high expectations and not having those expectations even being close to met.

And yeah, people like simple things.
    No, it has to do with a ridiculous anti-hype-hype were it is cool to hate things because others do as well and search for any reason, no matter how illogical it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    You mean like, making a big deal out of the fact that someone making a sword for entertainment purposes didn't use the precise measurements?
    No, like you do by taking a post of someone who does not go with the flow. When something is supposed to be a total adaption (movies for example are not and get hated for it but the length of a weapon can be made accurately) then it should be what it is called. My critics do not come from peer pressure and are not illogical as everything I say can be very well explained such as the Odachi example you refer to, that is the difference. It also has nothing to do with "face value" as there is no necessity in justifying it by getting wannabe-intellectual since none of the 100000 people on that channel does it for that purpose and none of them would waste their time for exactly those "deep thoughts". Look at your post and look at mine, which was not worse than what other people wrote about the channel being "bad", just in other words. None of what I have said would have required that exaggerated picture or a counter post which is supposed to attack me with a previous post of mine while ignoring the logic that was in my post which is very well written in a certain context and so is the post you have replied to and you know it as good as me that Twitch-visitors do not spend half a day for what you say. You are getting polemical and ignore your own principles once someone dislikes something you like and take it personal as for some reason your communication partner itself is the reason for you to purposely understand something the unintended way, that is exactly what communication psychology shows as one of the possible problems in the 2. axiom (if we want to get intellectual as you have started I can very well use my psychology degree since you seem to insist on accusing guys who analyze the actual situation of being "restricted when it comes to the value of things" ) and this is not worth getting headaches, ask yourself if that waste of time replying to me with your super-sized picture and the other post was worth it. I personally do not insist on arguing with you so this discussion is over.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-20-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It is the simple things in life.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It has to do with having low expectations and having those expectations being exceeded vs. having high expectations and not having those expectations even being close to met.

And yeah, people like simple things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I visited the channel. 7 days with 60000-100000 people pressing a button? No thanks. I still cannot understand what people think of as awesome nowadays while hating things that really have been made with much effort.
    Yeah, the channel itself is pretty boring, but the stories that have come out of it are pretty entertaining. Much like how taking part in massive space battles in EVE is actually pretty dull most of the time, but the stories that come out afterward make it seem far more interesting.

The fact that 60,000-100,000 people spamming buttons has resulted in factions, deliberate attempts to undermine successful progressive, deliberate attempts to undermine the people undermining it and so on and is essentially becomming a microcosm of internet culture and a manuscript in collective mentality, is a sociologists wet dream really. This will be featured in social science books not long from now much like the blood plague in World of Warcraft has been.

I'm sorry that you're not able to look at it beyond face value.

No, it has to do with a ridiculous anti-hype-hype were it is cool to hate things because others do as well and search for any reason, no matter how illogical it is.
    You mean like, making a big deal out of the fact that someone making a sword for entertainment purposes didn't use the precise measurements?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This has created the most amusing fan culture. The memes and art work its spawned have cracked me up

Sephy, you edited your post that came before aul with auls quote after your initial post and it confused me. Could you, in the future just make a new post. I was looking for auls quote you replied to and didn't realize it had come after yours until I read down further.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

yeah that confused me so much

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

He does that. It's his thing.

And yes, it's the "lore" that makes it all amazing. I mean, it's interesting how people justify things that happen (all the false prophet and helix fossil stuff), even though they know it's all their doing. And it is interesting to see how they progress, despite half the people being trolls and deliberately hindering progress. The way this collective works is actually pretty inspiring. It seems like there are more people out there who actually want to achieve something than those who like doing stuff for the evulz. And if not more, at least their will comes through... Most of the time (goodbye ABBBBBBK(, JLVWNNOO, X and CCC)

Also, TV Tropes have already added a characters page, YMMV page, Fridge logic page and wild mass guessing. That escalated quickly.

And Seph, chill Nobody's trying to insult you. This thread was lighthearted from the start, so let's keep it that way, OK? We're all friends here, right?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh wow, it's gotten to the point that it's become unwatchable. However, I am quite amazed at the progress the game has taken over a week or so.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Helix be praised, for AbbaJesus saves. And steamrolls Blue's team.

And then there is Death

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It's funnier in real life

Last edited by Freya; 02-22-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And then there is Death

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After the events of what just happened today, I find this appropriate to post.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

dux :<