Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tourist friendly countries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Ireland (Outside Dublin): 4/10 - Nicer than inside Dublin, but they still make you feel more like a "foreigner" than a "visitor".

Ireland (Dublin): 2/10 - Grumpy moaning Dubliners, I tell ya...
    Coming over here taking our jerbs and seducing our women folk..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Asking people who have more experience traveling than I do, I want to visit Italy and France one day. I was wondering how tourist friendly those countries are.
    Italy: 10/10 everywhere except Rome

France: 7/10 in Paris, 5/10 pretty much everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    I really want to visit japan most of all but Ive heard that they arent as tourist-friendly....
    They're just as friendly to tourists as they are to natives, it's just that they typically aren't very expressive at all. Japan is really nice, though.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

if you make an effort to become somewhat French, the French respond warmly. They'll probably forgive your quebecais

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ontario French is not Quebecois French

Articles
    Blog Entries

England: 6/10. Generally quite amiable and they most certainly make you feel like you're not a tourist. I had some people get an attitude but I wonder if it was how I was coming off though.

Mexico: 8/10. Very friendly and good-natured, and this may sound weird but the services are excellent and the employees are laidback and awesome.

Puerto Rico: 10/10. Impeccably nice and welcome. They have a great sense of humor and are very willing to talk to you. I don't know if it's just politeness but everyone is extremely genial.

Wales: 9/10. Extremely hospitable and friendly. Most of them wonder why the hell you're there though.

Ireland: 6/10. I came across some mean mothersmurfers but overall people were nice enough.

If you come to the US, people are hopelessly friendly for the most part, and will ask you most anything that comes to mind and talk about virtually anything. My only caveat is people are sensitive about some religious and political stuff so watch your words.

I like France but I don't like being a tourist there. A lot of pickpockets and alleyway scams. A friend of mine once said no to someone telling them they dropped their ring and then got pretty annoyed/aggressive when they said no and wouldn't give them money for the 'reward'
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've been a tourist to several countries, including Italy and France, and no one was ever unkind to me. They treat you just like anyone else as long as you don't do anything to make them upset.