Thread: Impromptu Travels

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

yeah I've done a few. they cause me great anxiety and it's tough to enjoy them fully.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Well, we have returned. It was pretty great. The Harry Potter Studio Tour was amazing and it was entirely worth the trip down.

All the other stuff was cool too, I guess.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you have butterbeer???

Del Murder and I planned a trip to Italy in like 3 weeks (it was our honeymoon trip actually), and a trip to New Zealand in about a month. South Korea I think we bought tickets only a few weeks in advance as well. We saw them on sale and just snatched them up. For international trips, I would say that was pretty last minute. And these trips where we didn't get to do much advance planning actually ended up being our best trips. Normally I over research and over plan. I planned for months in advance for Paris and ended up trying to do way too much and our schedule was way more rigid because of the number of advance reservations I made. But with Paris, I don't know how well you would do at least eating wise if you don't make reservations in advance. One of the best restaurants we ate at in Paris needed reservations at least 4 weeks in advance. I saw a lot of people try and walk in and get turned away. But this led to things like running down the streets of Paris trying to make sure we get to a reservation in time. Makes things a little stressful! And the Eiffel Tower actually needs to have tickets purchased in advance too. We checked 2 months in advance and everything was already sold out.

We've also taken impromptu day trips to cities around the Bay Area. One weekend we decided to just drive up to Sonoma because we wanted some salted caramel ice cream shake. Hour drive, totally worth it!

Being Australia there's a lot of road to travel. I think the most spontaneous travel is when the Avatar craze was well and truly over.

I bought the Blu-Ray and sat down to watch it. Fell in love with it and wanted to see it at the cinemas. My local cinema wasn't showing it anymore. Devastated, I Googled for any cinema screenings. IMAX, Melbourne was showing it. (IMAX is Australia's largest cinema) I decided then and there that this was my favourite movie and I had to see it. So I booked flights from Adelaide to Melbourne and flew over the next day. Totally worth it.
    He looked up, wondering why he was asked what they already knew.
    "Ok, ok." He sighed. "It all started with a game."

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Wow that is an impressive trip

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.