Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I often enjoy using vague titles to refer to someone when introducing them to someone new, in hopes that the new people are left wondering whether I am introducing them to some old dude or some young woman with two coloured eyes who happens to be like 17 even though she could pass for 25. Of course she wouldn't be 25 because that's waaaay too old.
    You are straight-up diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post

I don't know about that, I mean they aren't polite to Donna, and I think they would treat her like family... not some title. Can you honestly see Yuna asking people to call her that?

Donna is a cow

And she doesn't have a Dad for High Summoner.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post

I don't know about that, I mean they aren't polite to Donna, and I think they would treat her like family... not some title. Can you honestly see Yuna asking people to call her that?

Donna is a cow

And she doesn't have a Dad for High Summoner.
    Cow or not, if your planning to sacrifice your life to give the planet a holiday, you deserve respect.

I mean sure she quits n everything but they didn't know that at the time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't remember what the general reception of Dona was to other people in Spira, but I recall Dona being a bitch to Yuna and criticizing her for having so many guardians while she only needed one and was nothing but a mean pain in the ass up to the point she gave up. Even after all that I don't remember anyone being overly harsh towards her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Dona is kind of bitchy at first, but I get the feeling it comes from a place of insecurity and Yuna being an easy target. When Yuna stands up for herself, Dona starts to back off, and she becomes a good bit more civil. She still isn't the nicest woman in the world, but that's kind of just her personality.

If you think about it, Dona only has her lover. She's still trying to fight for Spira and sacrifice her life for others. Yuna is the well-known daughter of a High Summoner hero, she has Auron, her father's guardian, she has the worldwide support, she's like the "celebrity" summoner. I think Dona might be feeling overshadowed or inadequate when competing against someone who basically all of Spira is rooting for. And she also has a point, she makes it pretty far on her own with only one guardian and herself. That should be a testament to the fact that she obviously has some talent. She was probably just feeling like no one really gave a flying poop about her and the journey she was making and the hardships she was facing and the internal struggle of walking to your death. She still had to go through all of that, but with less overall support than anyone. That probably caused her to lash out at Yuna, which wasn't helped by Yuna's innocent, easy to pick on demeanor, but eventually she gains respect for Yuna and realizes she was being petty.

That Isaaru though