Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Lair of the Shadow Broker is possibly the best DLC the series had in terms of story, content and set pieces.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The multiplayer on 3 is my resounding memory of Mass Effect and it was as addicting as an MMORPG! All that free DLC didn't help. Volus and Krogan domination If only they'd made playable Elcor...

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I was a Human Infiltrator for so long in MP'er. Then I got Krogan Vanguard out of a reward chest and never looked back. He was an adorable murder machine who would cackle like a lunatic on his rampages of destruction.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I only ever played as a soldier in any of the Mass Effect games. I had the most balanced team ever with Liara and Tali at my side.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Multiplayer was so much fun! Watching steve waah waah in and get himself killed was great. Oh man those platinum rounds with steve, paul, dan and I. Stupid geth. good times.

Mass Effect is quite possibly the best video game series I've played. I love certain Final Fantasy entries, but none of them can hold a candle to Mass Effect's writing and scope.

My first play-through was as MaleShep but then I went through again as FemShep and had a much better experience. Romanced Thane.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Multiplayer was so much fun! Watching steve waah waah in and get himself killed was great. Oh man those platinum rounds with steve, paul, dan and I. Stupid geth. good times.
    I didn't die half as often as you make out. Especially if I was playing as an Asari Adept. Though the amount of times I had to play as the Quarian Infiltrator and run around on objective missions cloaked trying to not die was funny.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Played ME1 - ME3. I was so happy at the improvements from ME1 to ME2. I would say the second is my favorite, but I actually think out of all of them I probably enjoyed the third the addition of online gameplay. This is definitely my favorite trilogy OF ALL TIME.

I played ME2 and went back to play ME. I'm currently playing ME3. It's a wonderful series. I'm always conflicted between Miranda and Liara though. Makes my heart hurt it does.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Mass effect would have been my absolute favourite game series if it wasn't for the ending. The ending doesn't ruin the entire series for me, but it bumps it down from first place for sure.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The first one is good.
    2 and 3 is meh.

I like that you can
    -Manually Crouch and shoot
    -Manually stick to walls
    -Armor looks cooler
    -Drive a vehicle to search for minerals and side missions.

Its a neat game

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still need to finish this series. I kind of burnt myself out by playing the first two games back to back, not to mention I wasn't pleased with the game-play direction ME2 took the series into. I haven't gotten around to playing the final installment, partly because from what I hear, the game-play is similar to ME2 and partly because I still don't get Wrex back and my other favorite character, Mordin, supposedly dies anyway.

Still, it was a really good Sci-Fi RPG series and I felt it did some really clever things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I still need to finish this series. I kind of burnt myself out by playing the first two games back to back, not to mention I wasn't pleased with the game-play direction ME2 took the series into. I haven't gotten around to playing the final installment, partly because from what I hear, the game-play is similar to ME2 and partly because I still don't get Wrex back and my other favorite character, Mordin, supposedly dies anyway.

Still, it was a really good Sci-Fi RPG series and I felt it did some really clever things.
    Actually, there is a DLC mission where you can get Wrex back.

Mordin does die. But it's an awesome death that he earned. He was old anyway, pushing 40. He didn't have long to live at any rate.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What? There is no DLC mission to get Wrex back.

Unless you mean The Citadel where all your old party members who aren't dead join you for a mission. Otherwise, no, Wrex is a NPC in ME3. A badass one! But nope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Skyblade, you can't just go around getting people's hopes up like that. That's how wars get started!