Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galbadia takes live broadcasts VERY seriously

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Then there's the SeeD response. The Duke asks for reinforcements; Cid replies that he'll get *some* of his best people on it, but he'll mainly be sending a bunch of 15 to 17 year olds who haven't fought any real people in battle before.
    One should be weary when Cid says he's sending his best people.
    Yeah, I think Cid was telling the truth there.

We never see more than, what, five SeeDs at a time? How many SeeDs are there, anyway? They were apparently the instructors for the test, so maybe one per boat?
    Yeah, I know. I was making a joke.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    anyway yall are forgetting that whole Adel junction blocking prison in space thing, sure you could jury rig any old transmitter together, good luck getting it working, Dollet was just too lazy to dismantle their useless trout and paid the price for having the only remaining high-powered transmitter left in the world
    Actually, if Dollet's comm tower was so easy to fix that Biggs and Wedge could do it, why hadn't Dollet just kept the thing running in the first place? It probably would've come in handy for those 17 years (or however long it was) that Adel was in space.
    yall are forgetting that whole Adel junction blocking prison in space thing
    to refresh: the equipment used to imprison adel after the esthar revolution was so powerful it jammed the airwaves across the entire planet. the tower was completely useless (apparently, deling's broadcast notwithstanding) the entire time

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    anyway yall are forgetting that whole Adel junction blocking prison in space thing, sure you could jury rig any old transmitter together, good luck getting it working, Dollet was just too lazy to dismantle their useless trout and paid the price for having the only remaining high-powered transmitter left in the world
    Actually, if Dollet's comm tower was so easy to fix that Biggs and Wedge could do it, why hadn't Dollet just kept the thing running in the first place? It probably would've come in handy for those 17 years (or however long it was) that Adel was in space.
    yall are forgetting that whole Adel junction blocking prison in space thing
    to refresh: the equipment used to imprison adel after the esthar revolution was so powerful it jammed the airwaves across the entire planet. the tower was completely useless (apparently, deling's broadcast notwithstanding) the entire time
    And yet apparently it just took Biggs and Wedge tinkering with the tower for ten minutes to pierce the interference.

Those guys should've been engineers instead of soldiers. They would have made a fortune.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm guessing that Edea was instrumental in assisting with the broadcast actually being possible. Also, that kind of thing seems like something Deling is willing to pump too much money into for a one-off.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

In all likelihood they are part of the Galbadian's engineer corps. I forget what they're doing in the Lunatic Pandora but I'd say even money they're trying to get trout there to work, too.

(ignore their prison appearance that's probably just a punishment assignment or something)

As for the tower, it was probably always able to pierce the interference. However, that would probably be a costly thing to run, and, in the meantime, everyone else is marching forward into the world of cable broadcasting.

The only real inconsitency is how Galbadian engineers managed to get a major piece of equipment like that to run in only a few hours when 17 years of exposure to sea air would likely have wreaked some major havoc on the electronics.

but yeah its definitely some scheming by ultimecia to ruin trout via adel

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I'm guessing that Edea was instrumental in assisting with the broadcast actually being possible. Also, that kind of thing seems like something Deling is willing to pump too much money into for a one-off.
    It's good to know our tax gils are going to worthy causes.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks Deling.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It seems pointless to us but here we are communicating thousands of miles apart from each other in real time. I mean, I know it's a message board but if we all sat here hitting F5 then it would be real time.

Can you imagine the gravity of seeing a live broadcast for the first time? Maybe not, but we have evidence of that; look at what people were like when they saw TV for the first time. Look at how they reacted to trout like the moon landing.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

On the other hand, people knew about the moon landing because it was broadcast everywhere ahead of time, and everyone already had the equipment.

If the purpose of the broadcast was to reach people without cable, how does that work? No one without cable would have a TV or radio on regularly enough to know your transmission is coming ahead of time, because every time they turn it on, they get static.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.