Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

Austin is right up there with Hogan in Undisputed King of Wrestling when you get down to fame/success. I doubt anyone will top them as they were Kings of the World at pro-wrestling's highest points.
    Hogan also gets points for being on top in both Eras.

I like Triple H and I watched wrestling religiously during the McMahon-Helmsley Era. He's not my favorite wrestler anymore but I've never hated him like so many online wrestling fans.

Let's talk about a friendlier topic - wrestling has some of the best music. What are your favorites wrestler themes?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Triple H was never the best wrestler at any given time but he deserves credit for his part during the Attitude Era. Some of his feuds with The Rock and Mankind were great. He was also a pretty effective heel (but not as good as a babyface).

My favorite wrestling themes are:

I may post more favorites later!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

HHH is good, but I never felt he had the ability to be a the top guy, as either a heel or a face. He is, however, great at being that guy to put your Top stars up against between major story lines, or a great heel to pit against a face he's rising in popularity in the company, cause he is definately formidable enough the be a great challange to overcome.

Also, he is one hell of a trooper. I remember hearing a story about him fueding with Jericho, and at one point in the match HHH tore a hamstring. Jericho Realized this happened, but regardless of his hesitation to do so, HHH still insisted Jericho put him in the Walls, which would kill the smurf out of a torn hamstring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I like Triple H and I watched wrestling religiously during the McMahon-Helmsley Era. He's not my favorite wrestler anymore but I've never hated him like so many online wrestling fans.
    I don't hate him either. He gets crap for marrying a woman who just happened to be in a position of power because WWE is a family business. I don't think he married for his career or their marriage never would have lasted for as long as it has (ten years) with three children to boot. He isn't guilty of any crimes that a lot of people in the business aren't already. I'll still hold him accountable for the people he did screw over like I would with anyone else. And as far as Triple H discussions goes this is the nicest one on the internet so...

There are too many themes to list, man. I'm going to give a shout out to American Made (Hogan's theme during his time in WCW) and the Corporate Ministry remix.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Corporate Ministry: good choice. I forgot that one since it was only around briefly but it was a great one.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Vince McMahon needs to be the final boss in a future Final Fantasy. Basically think of him like Zemus.

IT WAS ME, CECIL!!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!!

God...what a frickin' troll.

But now I want to go old school.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I heard that Mike Tyson was originally supposed to be the 'Higher Power' but they couldn't get him so they fell back on Vince for the sake of a plot twist. I believe it solely because looking back on the angle it makes no sense for Vince to torture his own family just to get back at Austin.

I don't care, it was an awesome moment and eventually led to Stephanie's heel turn later in the year.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is anybody planning to tune in for WrsetleMania XXX tonight? I don't know if it comes on around the same time as Game of Thrones premiers, but I have a feeling if it does viewership on WWE's side is going to suffer.

Welp Brock Lesner just ended Undertakers Streak!

It's like the WWE hates us.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Welp Brock Lesner just ended Undertakers Streak!

It's like the WWE hates us.
    If they weren't going to let him retire 20 - 0 I'm glad they ended it. Maybe now he can either retire full time or his WrestleMania matches will be about more than just the bloody streak.

At least Daniel Bryan won the title.

awww trout. i should've known there'd be spoilers in this thread. i might still check it out anyway. lmao at it being brock lesnar. i havent watched wwe properly in a while, i didnt know people cared about him. they must be monster pushing him again to have him end undertakers magnificent magic WM streak.

i might also watch it for the no-doubt massive daniel bryan pop when he wins it, finally giving the fans what they wanted months ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Considering how much money they're paying him they'd be crazy to have him job at Mania.

I haven't been keeping up, but yea, I guess they must be paying him a trout ton. i didn't realise he was such a draw, i dont care about him at all.

I'm kinda glad HHH lost pretty cleanly for a change, and even his (pointless) involvement in the main event was fairly limited.

also were new age outlaws brought back just for a quick pop? they seem like they've been relegated to token jobber tag team already. idk. again, i havent been watching much, i just watched mania and i probably won't watch any wwe again for 6 months or a year

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know how big a draw he is, but being a former MMA competitor I know he isn't cheap. I don't know about anything else because I haven't cared enough to watch a full WWE show since last Summer. And I thought that sucked ass and haven't watched it since.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quick Wrestlemania thoughts:

So many people are disappointed by the fact that Brock ended Taker's streak. Honestly, I thought it was an awesome decision based on shock-value alone. I never, ever thought the streak would end, and moreover, I never ever thought it would be Lesnar to do it.

Both of Bryan's matches were absolutely awesome, but I think the main event was the match of the night. Classic Attitude-Era level shenanigans with the Triple H run-in. Awesome stuff