Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squeenix stoops to a new low

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

yes on the basis that that is exactly what a company is supposed to do

everyone else in this thread says "eh fair enough" which is the 100% correct answer

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    yes on the basis that that is exactly what a company is supposed to do

everyone else in this thread says "eh fair enough" which is the 100% correct answer
    100% correct answer? I thought this was a discussion not a quiz, but you're wrong, not everyone has said "eh fair enough" they only stated that it was announced that it was squeenix' intention to do so and they followed through with it.

Btw on rereading the thread I realized that Jessweeee raised a completely valid point in that obtaining DLC doesn't require you to own the game, so anyone could have gone into Playstation Store and downloaded it, so it has absolutely nothing to do with rewarding people who bought the game earlier.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Let's be more respectful. That would be enjoyable. Thank you!

So the problem is that Square is charging for something that other companies give away for free?

I'm not sure that's a valid argument. Square games haven't ever had language options, as far as I know, and there is an investment to put them together. I fail to see the relevance of what the rest of the industry does. Most of the rest of the industry doesn't even have language options in their games. Should we cut them from every game that does? Language packs don't cost the same to make for every game. The more dialogue, and the higher quality dialogue is in the game, the more cost goes in to the language packs. Certain titles and companies may be able to offer it for free, because the value is a lot less.

The industry is not uniform, and we should be very thankful for that. Different companies offer and charge for different features.

If we were talking about core features, or features that we had come to expect from Square, I could see the problem. But for something that (as far as I know) they've never offered before? No, they can charge for it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

o, brave new world, that has such marketing in't

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Btw on rereading the thread I realized that Jessweeee raised a completely valid point in that obtaining DLC doesn't require you to own the game, so anyone could have gone into Playstation Store and downloaded it, so it has absolutely nothing to do with rewarding people who bought the game earlier.
    Cool, then there is no problem as they haven't actually stooped to a low after all! Thread over
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?