Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Every day is a day I date myself

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I have never been to a cinema where you had to hide your snacks. Thats insane.
    What amazing theater are you going to that doesn't allow anything but their own $5 fun-sized candies?!
    Every theater I've ever been in. Though tickets are like $14 minimum

Also your cinemas have their own special brand of candy? Ours just sell normal candy so even if they did ban outside snacks they have no way of knowing your bag of m&ms came from a store and not the cinema.
    No, it's the same candy sold in every store, but in a smaller size and much much more expensive like the rest of their concessions. $5 for bottled water. The theaters at my town won't allow you through the front door with food or beverages so you have to be sneaky. We have to hide it in a purse (no backpacks), in your pockets, or do what I do and shove it partway down your pants and hide it with your shirt like it's a gun.
    As someone who worked in a movie theater for a couple of years, I can tell you that 99% of the workers don't give a smurf if you're bringing in outside food. I mean yeah, you should probably hide it in your purse/pockets/stomach folds just incase you run into the bitter old employee who's been there for 20+ years, but I never told anyone they couldn't bring food in. People would come in with Taco Bell or Subway every so often. One dude actually ordered a pizza to the theater once, which was incredibly impressive. My manager wouldn't let that one slide, but I can say with confidence that if she wasn't working I would've let the dude in no problem.

That was a fun time, though. We'd smoke joints in the theaters after closing and watch big films before their release dates. It was the perfect summer job in high school.

Blog Entries

What? Candies in the movie theater aren't -smaller-, but they do come in an odd size and in slightly different packaging.. I think? IDK. I just get popcorn if Im getting something.

It's funny, Ive always been adamant about going to the Dollar Tree for snacks and drinks beforehand, but since dating Jay, he never listens to me and just buys popcorn and junk in the theater.

Anyway, date nights for me usually involve alcohol of some kind, being in chat, and watching t.v... And cooking yummy dinner even though I don't eat when it's done.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally don't want to hear people making chewing and crunching noises when I'm trying to watch a movie. If I had my way all food would be banned; only slurpees would be allowed because slurpees are awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I personally don't want to hear people making chewing and crunching noises when I'm trying to watch a movie. If I had my way all food would be banned; only slurpees would be allowed because slurpees are awesome.
    ugh the sound of people slurping at a slurpee is like at least 1.5x worse

esp. when they get to the bottom

Blog Entries

I really wanted to treat myself to a lone visit to Manhattan this past Saturday. BF was supposed to drive his boys to Buffalo to do tattoos for some people and I was gonna force myself to get on the train and go just to get over my small fear of riding it & getting around more on my own..

But then my bf said "absolutely not" & then I fell and busted my tailbone & couldn't do anything at all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I just eat loads of chocolate and do smurf all when I want to treat myself nowadays. Good feeling.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the UK it's a proven fact that whilst Cinema's prefer you to buy their own food and drink, there are no legally enforcable rules stating that you cannot bring your own. This little nugget of info does make going Cinema a bit cheaper.

I intend to buy some new trainers possibly this Friday, it all depends on whether I go out to see the friend of the barmaid I know.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I buy video games to treat myself. Sometimes I'll buy myself a nice meal, too, but given that Danielle and I live together and are married, it's generally a case that she gets to eat some of my nice meal, making it a date of sorts. But if I were to call ordering in a "date" then she would probably slap me. It's just two people being too lazy to cook dinner, and that's it.

When ordering the groceries, I get myself two litres of chocolate milk from Sainsburys and down it in a matter of hours upon it's arrival. This is definitely something I view as a treat.

The bigger things I buy in life are few and far between but always worth it. Most of them are for both Danielle and myself, though, so I suppose they don't apply to this self-dating kind of thing.

On sadly rare occasions I will be home alone and treat myself to a long phonecall to a random overseas person.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!