Thread: Special Nemeses

Default Nemeses

So I received a special Belphegor from my Update Data today. He's level 99, and he's named Early Spring; Teddy. This goes along with the level 99 Mammon I've found called Be Mine; White Fox. I also have a level 99 Beelzebub, but I don't know if it has a special name, since it has a Japanese name to it.

The fights are overall really cool, and I like that there are some good rewards (both items and Genome Skills) to get from the Nemeses fights. But after the nearly hour-long fight to get through the level 80 Belphegor yesterday (Hard Mode), I'm a bit hesitant to take on this new one, even though I think the rewards might be better (and possibly there might even be an item to steal).

Have any of you guys found any of the special Nemeses fights yet? And, if so, are you saving them to send, or fighting them? What do you think of the Nemeses fights overall? What strategies and setup do you use for each one?
    Last edited by Skyblade; 03-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

I never did manage to get an elixir Mammon. ;[

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I never did manage to get an elixir Mammon. ;[
    Chapter 5After the world switch, you can find Guzzlers as mob spawns in Eternia if you go to the right place. Steal Megalixirs from them.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think what they meant is that Mammons carry debug elixirs. They look the same, but are listed seperately and can be sold at a much higher rate than the normal ones.

I haven't really battles many Nemeses myself. I got Firaja and Blizzaja (BTW, it annoys the hell out of me that they didn't register in the journal) and once battled Turtledove. I love the Ba'ali battle theme!

So, after being confidant enough in my strategies, I actually attempted some of the level 99 special Nemeses fights. Only to find that they aren't actually what they show in there picture. I was confused for a little bit, but then, after doing some research, I found that the specially named ones are actually holiday special fights. For example, Be Mine; White Fox is actually a fight against a Level 99 Barras and Holly that was released on Valentine's Day, and just uses Mammon's picture to display on the Nemesis screen. They recently dropped an April Fool's Day fight as well (I think that one was about level 30).

These fights are fantastic, because in addition to mixing up the standard Nemesis system, they also drop Unearthly Buns, the best stat booster item in the game (each Unearthly Bun is essentially one of every other Bun combined).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.