Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Park and the Stick of Truth

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I'm honestly not sure how well the humor of one long bit will hold up if it lasted a full 40 hours. It might grow old after a while.
    The humor level and rate reminds me of old Lucas Arts adventure games and such. Actually the entire game makes me feel like it's an adventure game with RPG-like encounters and elements, rather than a full-fledged RPG

Maybe it'd be easier to digest if people thought of it as a big-budget blockbuster adventure game. Almost seems like an oxymoron though lol
    Yeah. I noticed the pacing of the jokes when I finally had some time with the game last night. Everything is well paced with loads of random references. You're right too. It almost feels like it could be some grand adventure game with all the walking around the different areas with some limitations. Though, this game is very heavily influenced by Paper Mario and you can definitely tell it is in more than just the combat. Everything about the game screams Paper Mario with South Park visuals and humor.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Blog Entries

I just beat it at 15 hours with a bunch of extra grinding for money and running around. I loved all the references and the general South Park feel, and I'm excited to see what the post-game stuff is. Can't wait to finish the ManBearPig storyline.

My favorite part was the (SPOILER)Giant Nazi Zombie Fetus
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    I just beat it at 15 hours with a bunch of extra grinding for money and running around. I loved all the references and the general South Park feel, and I'm excited to see what the post-game stuff is. Can't wait to finish the ManBearPig storyline.

My favorite part was the (SPOILER)Giant Nazi Zombie Fetus
    Oh god that part was glorious. XD

The Final Boss was wonderful I think. And the bit after the end where...

(SPOILER)You finally get to speak, and you just use Cartmans old line. XD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It only just came out in Europe today. I am loving it so far, as to be expected. I smurfing love Obsidian and I've been watching South Park for more than half my life.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sounds like my type of game. I'll give it a try at some point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Came across my first glitch. And not sure it would have even happened if I'd actually restarted my computer like I've been meaning to for the past week or so. But it wasn't that bad of a glitch. Just slowed animation during a cut scene. But the nice thing was that each statement stood on its own. So it would wait to finish one person's before attempting the next. Rather than having an entire conversation play out all the audio and wait forever for the animation to catch up. I've read about some of the glitches (there are many, so it's a gamble what, if any, you might get) but so far none of them have ruined anyone's enjoyment. So yay? Typical Obsidian really. Gotta love 'em

Though I have no idea how or why people are finishing this game in like 10 hours. Really? Savor the damn thing. I'm like 13 hours in and only about half way through the second day lol So your mileage may vary. I've been taking it slow and enjoying the hell out of it at every step

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Came across my first glitch. And not sure it would have even happened if I'd actually restarted my computer like I've been meaning to for the past week or so. But it wasn't that bad of a glitch. Just slowed animation during a cut scene. But the nice thing was that each statement stood on its own. So it would wait to finish one person's before attempting the next. Rather than having an entire conversation play out all the audio and wait forever for the animation to catch up. I've read about some of the glitches (there are many, so it's a gamble what, if any, you might get) but so far none of them have ruined anyone's enjoyment. So yay? Typical Obsidian really. Gotta love 'em

Though I have no idea how or why people are finishing this game in like 10 hours. Really? Savor the damn thing. I'm like 13 hours in and only about half way through the second day lol So your mileage may vary. I've been taking it slow and enjoying the hell out of it at every step
    Yeah. The glitches apparently range from game breaking to none at all. Only had about two. One where the game looped endlessly while trying to start up for no reason. The other was just character sprites disappearing randomly for a couple minutes.

As far as the actual time in the game, I'm just under 12 hours, on the third day, and I've done EVERYTHING up to that point. I literally have no options left but to continue the story and wait to be able to access the rest of the game.

On a side note. Is anybody a Jew?
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

I think at least 70% of the people who have played this game picked Jew.

Articles

I didn't, I always pick "guy who hits things with sword". Tradition. Out of curiosity, what traditional fantasy class does Jew most resemble?

FFXIV Character

I did not choose the Jew and was wondering the same thing, Psy. Chose the Thief, which is amazing.

All I know is that the Jew can sling a rock, much like David did against Goliath.

From what my one friend said, Jew is monk/ninja. Who gets Jew-Jitsu lol

I haven't purchased the game yet, but I've been watching PewDiePie's play-through of it.

Jews also have a "Plagues of Egypt" skill, as well as the ability to circumcise enemies.

Jew plays around with a lot of debuffs, and a few buffs if you level plagues. So I'd say the FF XI red mage is pretty damn close, though Oracle from Tactics may be the closest.

FFXIV Character

The Jew sounds like a great class to try the game with a second time.

Beat the game after 16.1 hours with everything and a few breaks thrown in there. That was great. It was all hilarious.

Articles

Just beat it. Had a smurfing blast, this is definitely the funniest game I've ever played. The art style and the gameplay were great. As others have said, I think it's a bit short in that I would've played hours more of this and loved it. Favourite bit? (SPOILER)Canada xD