Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Park and the Stick of Truth

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I love this game. I felt like I was real character in the show. I wish there was more to explore, but I suppose doing another playthrough as another class is good enough.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Jack Thompson-types are going to have a field day with the game's UFO area and the "sex scene."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Just beat it. Had a smurfing blast, this is definitely the funniest game I've ever played. The art style and the gameplay were great. As others have said, I think it's a bit short in that I would've played hours more of this and loved it. Favourite bit? (SPOILER)Canada xD
    Have you ever played Conker's Bad Fur Day? I'm just curious how to benchmark this in terms of how funny it is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Conkers was funnier.

Blog Entries

Had a couple PS3 glitches today. While running around as David Hasselhoff trying to find the last piece of the Witch's Outfit so I could get the trophy for having all the equipment, I walked out of the abortion clinic and the screen looked like somebody had poorly cropped a screenshot of the game in mspaint. There was a big teal border across the bottom and the left side of the screen, and I couldn't go more than a couple inches in either direction. It went away after I walked in and out of the clinic again.

Also, while selling some junk in Cartman's backyard, something weird happened with the game's font. Every letter other than L, R, S, and E was smeared up and down across its line, so sentences kinda looked like this:

=̵͍̥͚͍̝͚̍ͧͬ̄̆͐ͬ͞-̜͇̺̖͎̲̖̇ͭ͠.̦͈̺̻̫̥͉̗͗̑͂͜͡-̢͓͎̩̤̫̞̲̉̌̐=̡͍̖̘͊ͫͫ̌̀,̵̻̋͂ E =͎̩̺͍͇̬͖ͦ͠-͓̖̄̌̆͐̑̌̉ͥ͛,̤̲̝̗͓̫͑̓̓̿̒̃ͣ͜.̶̴̤̳̣͖̫̉ͪ̑̉ͭ͆ͤ͋ L -̣̭͂̇͜͝=͔̠̹͇̟ͬͨ͒ͥ̒̅͌͑͠ͅͅ-̨͔͕̱̖͚͇̹̉͋ͯ͂͋.̝̱̠̘͋̂̐̒̃ͭͯͫ̔̕͞,̴̡̩̭͑͂-͎̍́̑̓̊̊ͫ̚≠̷͚̞̼͎̗ͥ̄̾̑ͣ͝ S .̠̤̻͈̪̜͎̇̓̿̊̓,̷̪̜̞̤͖͎̍̄̀͂ͪͧͤ͘͜ ER .̨̗̭̮̝̞̽ͣ̀̓̏̽͡ͅͅ≠̛͕̞̟͉̝ͩ̏̐̾-̫̲͚̼̭͉͓̐̐̾ͥͭͧ̑̑̽͝ S ,͈̦̟̰͕̬̱̬ͯ̃̔ͩ̑̈͝=̢͎͔̠͇̯͚̗̱̫ͣ̐̏͋̅̅͡ E -͆̓͐ͨ͏̧̤̭͎̭̘̖̤̯,̻̫̜̱̙͚̬̗̏ͫ͌͆͆ͩ͞=̿ͤͯ̓̐̚҉͇̺̲̹̦̭̻̪͝-̣̣̻̬̦͖͈͙ͭͭͪ/̢̬̫̠͕̤̲̼̿ͬ͒͐̎́̕ E ,̝̣̭͈̣͚͉̉ͭ.̸͚͔̱͕̩̪̪̅̈͌ͪ̅ͬ̕.̣̰̺̥ͦ̿͛̃ͅ/̡̢͙͈͚͔͎̖ͪ͆͒,̣̹̠̲̱͔̮̥͆͊͗̀͐̍ͅ

Scott Malkinson must have given me diabetes or something. I had to quit the game completely and reload it, because it even affected the main menu.

Other than that, everything's been great so far. I got the last Chinpokomon today (thankfully I hadn't missed any of the ones that you can't get to later) and I also got all the friends except for one. I can't figure out who it is.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

The mild glitches are completely random and weird. It's interesting, but it doesn't seem to affect anyone's real progress. I think most people fix their's by reloading. I had one minor glitch where a cut-scene wasn't as fast as the audio. But it wasn't too bad, because each phase of conversation waited for the previous phase of animation to end. So it's not like I heard the entire conversation and had to wait 10 minutes for the animation to catch up. It was just slow. Not a big deal. And haven't encountered anything else. Though from what I hear PS3 has the most glitches. Which sadly, is more common with multi-platform ports like this

I'm loving it so far. Just messing around with the side quests, and exploring the town. This is easily the best PS3 RPG.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

In terms of glitches I've had a handful. In the second battle where you learn how to block and counter, the game froze with the elf lying on his ass. I had to uninstall the title update to get past. I've got a couple of NPCs who won't talk to me, like there's a girl on her phone in town and also Polly Prissy Pants on Cartman's bed. Finally, in another cutscene Cartman was completely mute. Everyone else was talking but his lips were moving and sound wasn't coming out. Bizarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Just beat it. Had a smurfing blast, this is definitely the funniest game I've ever played. The art style and the gameplay were great. As others have said, I think it's a bit short in that I would've played hours more of this and loved it. Favourite bit? (SPOILER)Canada xD
    Have you ever played Conker's Bad Fur Day? I'm just curious how to benchmark this in terms of how funny it is.
    Hmm. I think maybe if you're not a huge South Park fan you might prefer CBFD. It's difficult to gauge because I haven't played that in lord knows how many years.

Blog Entries

Polly Prissy Pants
    AHAHA, THAT WAS THE LAST FRIEND I NEEDED!

(SPOILER)Talk to her with Cartman in your party!
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles

Oh of course. I should have done this given that once he was unlocked, Cartman was my main buddy. Who did everyone else use? I used Butters, then Jimmy, then Cartman. I didn't really use Kenny, Stan or Kyle very much at all.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Oh of course. I should have done this given that once he was unlocked, Cartman was my main buddy. Who did everyone else use? I used Butters, then Jimmy, then Cartman. I didn't really use Kenny, Stan or Kyle very much at all.
    Haha. I heard Cartman was a pretty good buddy. Kyle and Kenny ended up being a great choice for me since they were great for multiple enemies. Butters, Jimmy, and Stan got a bit of use here and depending on what was needed. Cartman got used once.

As far as humor, yeah. You have to enjoy South Park a bit to enjoy the humor.

Glitches ranged from not being able to finish the Abortion Clinic to just random disappearances of characters on the PC for me. At one point, the game cycled trying to start itself.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Articles

See, I liked Butters, Jimmy and Cartman precisely because of their ability to hit multiple enemies. I don't know how things were on the PC, but on the Xbox you have to shake the analogue stick from side to side to do Kenny's animal attack whereas with Butters you just had to hit A at the right time. So Butters was out of convenience of not having to destroy both my palm/thumb and the analogue stick!

I use an XBox controller while playing it on the PC so the controls are the same for me. But in general they just use an analogous control method for keyboard and mouse. You'd either have to tap A/D repeatedly, or right-click/left-click. But it doesn't seem like a game that lends itself well to mouse and keyboard. I wouldn't want to constantly see a mouse all over my beautiful South Park screen

And there's actually a lot of kids that don't talk to me. The ones sitting in the basketball park on their cell phones don't talk to you. There's also a random one on a bench in front of the bank or the post office or something that doesn't talk to you. So the girl on the cell phone I just assumed was like one of those. Unless all those characters are glitched for me. But they make random comments when I pass by sometimes. I just can't really talk to them. Only thing different about the cell phone girl is you can hit the A button on her. But I wasn't too bothered by her not replying

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Conkers was funnier.
    I don't remember Conker's being as funny as this. Maybe the fact that a significant amount of the jokes are inside jokes make it funnier/heart warming in a strange way.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

See, I liked Butters, Jimmy and Cartman precisely because of their ability to hit multiple enemies. I don't know how things were on the PC, but on the Xbox you have to shake the analogue stick from side to side to do Kenny's animal attack whereas with Butters you just had to hit A at the right time. So Butters was out of convenience of not having to destroy both my palm/thumb and the analogue stick!
    I played with the DS4 on my PC. So I had the same experience. I just liked that if Kenny died, he'd be back before the end of the fight usually. Butters was good at healing for no cost though. Kyle's was probably the easiest since it was pretty much kill all enemies and was easy to pull off.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?