Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls II

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SO MANY SPOILERSI found the dear frelga last night, but decided to keep exploring. Currently at the smelter demon. Got a feeling this guys gonna be a bit of a roadblock for me. Once he puts his sword on fire the chip damage takes out like a 4th of my HP... in a single swing. Good lord, not to mention he has quite a fair bit of HP.

Gotta say though, as I get further and further in I like this game more and more. The first portion of the game from tutorial ~> sentinels is really "eh" but the game becomes utterly fantastic later on. The mid-game atmosphere and level design has been really quite amazing.

EDIT
    UPDATED SPOILERSSo, smelter demon felled in 3 tries. After the first try I took a break and did some exploring. Managed to nab a Gyrm greatshield from those dwarf guys in the pharros and it has 100% FIRE RESISTANCE and 100% physical resistance. YES!!!! Not done yet though. I also found the dull ember and brought it to the blacksmith in the bastille. He sells infinite large titanite shards and some really really sexy weapons. One of which was the greataxe, my new main weapon. I got it to +9 and its moveset is ridiculously satisfying. So, after all that I went and took on the smelter demon and it was extremely simple from there. Got greedy and died from a power attack I didnt know the boss had, but the third attempt was a simple and clean win. Oh yes.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-15-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Haha. I'm getting mine tomorrow... FINALLY.

4920194+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Blog Entries

"Finally! It has arrived! Let's
    celebrate with a bloodbath!"

"...are you sure it's a good idea to kill
    all those old ladies? You might regret it."

"Regret? What's that? Is it edible?"

I'd like to mention how much I love the Majula Theme from the Soundtrack. As one Youtube commenter puts it, "This song makes me feel like I just fell down a well and now I'm sitting on my mangled legs staring at the blue sky." Very melancholic.

Raw Bastard Sword + 8
    Lightning Shortbow +5
    Old Knighs Shield +6
    Old Knights Helm + 6
    Old Knight Armor + 7
    Royal Swordsman Gloves + 6
    Old Knight Leggings + 6
    Ring of Steel Protection + 1
    Ring of Binding
    Chloranthy Ring + 1
    Bracing Knuckle Ring.

Oh yeah, I should be set to take on the Smelter now.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Everyone I've talked to has told me that the game still plays fine, but has framerate issues on both Xbox and PS3, and it apparently looks like crap. As in, all the special lighting they touted is not in the final game.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Looks great to me.

Anyway, update on progress!

(SPOILER)Solo'd the Giant two headed spider, took down the Smelter with a bit of help, and really the only way forward I'm seeing is to go through the giant fire dude that kicked my ass before, so I guess I go kill him now!

Also, Old Knight Armor upgraded to +10, Royal Knight gloves to +7, and my Raw Bastard Sword +10.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    Everyone I've talked to has told me that the game still plays fine, but has framerate issues on both Xbox and PS3, and it apparently looks like crap. As in, all the special lighting they touted is not in the final game.
    And that would be correct, but really.... the game looks and feels way better than the original dark souls, and while the game definitely loks iffy early on... it becomes absolutely drop-dead gorgeous later on in the game. Frame-rate issues are apparent, but at least for me they've been minor and primarily in area transitions, nothing serious. All in all, it's really not a big deal. Game is still fantastic.

Oh right, an update. I'm losing track of all the bosses that I've felled.
    updootSlowly and carefully cleared out drangleic castle. At no point did I have like 5 sentinels and a ton of rock soldirs ganking me. I did a couple rounds of co-op before trying myself so I found out just how bad you could get wrecked in this area... so I tried to see if you could take it really slow when I went solo. You could. Thank god. Got the royal soldiers ring +1 and my new main sword... the mastodon sword. Easily one of the most gorgeous greatswords in the game, and it came with the same moveset as my bastard sword but with A scaling in strength. WOO. Also, farmed mastodons for their halberd. I'm pretty sure it's the only strength based halberd and it is absolutely terrifying. As for bosses?

In no real order:
    Killed the OLD IRON KING. I love this boss. I felt like I was in a battle straight out of a 80s heavy metal album. Err, I mean, more than usual.
    Killed the one spider boss. Freja I believe?
    Killed the Rotting guy. Cant quite recall his name as my greatsword ripped through his health like butter
    Killed the skeleton kings (forgot to update this earlier)
    Killed the three mage guys that led to freja... errr... cant recall their names. Sorry.
    Killed the two dragonriders
    Annnd killed the looking glass knight.

I'm now in a swamp area filled with the MOST ANNOYING CASTERS I have ever experienced. Holy crap batman, I was burning through life gems like they were candy because I was constantly being pelted by their attacks. Theres still so much loot I havent gotten in the area too (you can see all of it in the distance) but... this area is driving me mad. I don't want to loot it. D:

equipment
    Armor? Varies. A lot. Most of it is +3~+6 though.
    Weapons.
    Mastodon sword +10
    Longbow +0 (POISON ARROWS OP)
    Royal kite shield +6

Other weapons:
    Greataxe +9
    Mastodon halberd +9
    Bastard Sword +9
    Poison Whip +9

and finally The bell covenant is so utterly fantastic. Once I found out that belfry sol existed and that the bell keepers could be summoned to either depending on your area... I was officially sold. That is absolutely fantastic, and while im not sure that it beats the forest... it definitely is absurdly enjoyable and my main source of titanite chunks.

Also, incase anyone was wondering... A ton of people are trying to get everyone to move the PvP meta to 150 instead of 120. 120 is really just too low and gimps far too many builds (especially casters, holy crap casters suck at 120) to make it an effective pvp point. I myself will be going to 150 in the end and would love to see you guys there.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-16-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to find a used copy
    Then I'll join this thread
    Frig. I have rdr and sh and dishonored to play. Should I skip them and just buy this?

Articles
    Blog Entries

When do you all start invading and killing each other? It demands a sacrifice of blood for the cleansing of its world.

First boss at the castle, figured I'd take a break after I lost my first shot.

You gotta kill someone first!

Welp, got the Kings Ring, so anyone else who has it will know where I am in the plot, and now I'm taking another breather. I need to shower, go to sleep, early day at work, and then gaming group. So no more Dark Souls until Tuesday.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Whoo. Finally got the game and I'm enjoying it. I've already run into the despawning of an enemy on the way to the (SPOILER)Last Giant. Died against him a couple time before realizing that I should dodge a little. (SPOILER)The Pursuer was a little more difficult, but apparently summoning someone and being used as bait, it's pretty simple as well. The debate is to now go to (SPOILER)Lost Bastille or elsewhere.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Blog Entries

Been to busy playing, eating and sleeping since friday to post my progress here, but I've just defeated the Lost Sinner and the Skeleton Lords and I've made my way into some place full of poisonous stuff.

Where/when/how can I get Large Titanite Shards by the way? I have my sword at +4, but can't get it any further than that because of my severe lack of Large Titanite Shards. =(

Also: (SPOILER)screw the Gargoyles

Also: (SPOILER)I've never summoned help from a white phantom, and plan to keep it that way.