Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls II

My copy finally arrived! Gonna dive into it tonight or tomorrow morning

Double post because I dove into it and played for about 4 hours straight.

So far this game reminds me more of Demon's than it does Dark Souls. Man oh man praise the sun there is some epic scenery around, I do dig. Chose the swordsman to start out with, but switched to a decent shield as soon as I found it. As Trollhunter mentioned dodging definitely has a lot less immunity frames, but I guess that's a good thing as dodging literally straight through a giant enemy weapon always seemed a little... magical.

Beat (SPOILER)Dragonrider before even finding the way into the Forest of the Giants. Beat the Last Giant too, pretty cool that he rips his own arm off. Both of them were fairly easy and I assume these are to lead in any newcomers. I wonder if/what 2 v 1 boss fights we shall be facing...

So far I have one gripe and that is the return of the (SPOILER)Crystal Lizards. By the lords I find that one annoying game mechanic in all Souls games. At least the could've made them easier to hit but I tried slaying the same lizard twice and failed even with a vertical swinging weapon. But hey, I'm nitpicking now!

I'm hyped : ) can't wait to invade/be invaded!

Edit: also props for talking cats!

Edit #2: i love how tense the slow healing effect of the drops are.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 03-18-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, found out where to go. The last boss I fought was a blast.
    boss notesThrone watchers. Oh baby, they were fun. Took me 3 tries total, overall it really wasnt that bad... I just kept choking in the early fights. On the successful fight I actually found out that they could revive eachother. As in, they were both killed and revived once each till I found out that you had to kill both at about the same time (or at least before any reviving takes place). Was a fun fight though. 5/5 would fight again

So... one thing
    IM SO CLOSE TO THE END OF THE GAME IT HURTS!!! THIS GAME IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 03-18-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    So far I have one gripe and that is the return of the (SPOILER)Crystal Lizards. By the lords I find that one annoying game mechanic in all Souls games. At least the could've made them easier to hit but I tried slaying the same lizard twice and failed even with a vertical swinging weapon. But hey, I'm nitpicking now!
    I kinda have to agree on that one. Well, I didn't mind it much until just a few hours ago actually.

Basically, this is what happened: (SPOILER)There was one on a bridge. I managed to kill it. The loot fell right through the bridge. There was ground below, and I just barely survived the jump... and right before I could pick up the loot, I was attacked by a foe I hadn't seen from the bridge and I died, losing out on the lizard's loot forever. =(

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Yeah. Those stupid lizards. Not a fan of them at all. I actually think I had near the same issue as you with the bridge one, Ultima.

Progress Update:
    (SPOILER) After beating the Pursuer, I went through Heide's Tower and beat the Dragonrider. Continued that way and found the Miracle woman, Lucatiel, and then Gavlan in No Man's Wharf. Beat the Flexile Sentry on Davey Jones' ship ('cause pirates). Made my way back to the Blue Cathedral and beat the Old Dragonslayer after two tries. That stupid AoE attack he did kinda ended me quickly. Stayed human throughout all of that until that damn AoE. The well area was a bit of a pain due to falling down so much. The rat area... that was interesting and the hardest part of the game so far for me. I walked into an area and was immediately summoned as a gray spirit to fight some guy that was set up waiting to kill me. Didn't end well. After that, I fought the Rat Vanguard. Whatta dick. So many rats. Beat him after about 4 tries. Joined that covenant too.

Next was Lost Bastille, which was easier to navigate than anticipated. Stopped at the fog before the boss because I've gotta improve my equipment. To do that, I'm at the second bonfire in Huntsman's Copse. From there, I hope to explore more and hopefully find that stupid ember.

But man, I'm loving this game.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I kinda have to agree on that one. Well, I didn't mind it much until just a few hours ago actually.

Basically, this is what happened: (SPOILER)There was one on a bridge. I managed to kill it. The loot fell right through the bridge. There was ground below, and I just barely survived the jump... and right before I could pick up the loot, I was attacked by a foe I hadn't seen from the bridge and I died, losing out on the lizard's loot forever. =(
    Oh man that's exactly why they don't work.

Some more progress: (SPOILER)Beat Pursuer solo after helping out others for a while. Well.. helping out isn't exactly what happened. I've accidentally slain more allies with the ballistas than I'd like to admit but it was super funny nonetheless. For the solo fight magic ooze worked wonders. Found a Titanite Slab. Met the emberless blacksmith and pirate lady in the Bastille, as well as the Cartographer. Ventured on to No Man's Wharf where I was slain.

Blog Entries

I want to play the last level so bad... but... but class
    DAMN MY SCHOLARLY PURSUITS
    Also, just a heads up for everyone. Even with me spending 90% of my souls on magic/poison arrows and lifegems... im still at Lv.123. So, if you ever think you're overleveled... you probably arent.

as for the level most of you are in In no mans warf... did anyone else think that the guys with the two swords looked a bit like mr. dragonborn because I seriously cant unsee it now.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'll probably have the game beaten by the end of the night!

Blog Entries

If you post a spoiler tag detailing your experience.... I will click it
    and I will blame you.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

...The final boss is easy as smurf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    ...The final boss is easy as smurf.
    Hm... that's disappointing. I will see for myself and report back as quickly as possible.
    Have you done all the optional bosses yet?
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    and I will blame you.
    You do realize that "spoilers" here consist of "I went here and killed this thing", right?

The fascination with these games still eludes me.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    and I will blame you.
    You do realize that "spoilers" here consist of "I went here and killed this thing", right?

At endgame a spoiler could easily consist of new equipment or lore or general story and the usual boss strategies. Lots of this stuff people dont want spoiled. Regardless, I was being sarcastic so your bit of attitude there was pretty uncalled for.
    And besides... why are you here if you arent interested in the games? This thread doesnt really need pointless negativity.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    and I will blame you.

At endgame a spoiler could easily consist of new equipment or lore or general story and the usual boss strategies. Lots of this stuff people dont want spoiled. Regardless, I was being sarcastic so your bit of attitude there was pretty uncalled for.
    And besides... why are you here if you arent interested in the games? This thread doesnt really need pointless negativity.
    It wasn't meant to be primarily negative (just a little bit at the end). It was mostly curiosity, as I HAD read the spoilers, and didn't really see why any of them would have to be marked. I could see possibly strategies being spoilered in such a combat-heavy game, but just the route you took and what you encountered/defeated? It struck me as odd. Nothing I've seen here is even close to what I would consider a "spoiler", so I was honestly wondering what the objection was, and why someone might object to seeing it.

A portion of the games fun is discovering what comes next. If for example I said Only click after you've embraced the four great soulsThere is a giant two headed spiders with death rays they would completely miss out on the amazement of seeing it for the first time. That is part of the games charm is the outstanding boss's, and the impact of first seeing them.