Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls II

Beat (SPOILER)No Man's Wharf boss in the ship, I reckon this is arguably the easiest boss of any Souls game. Tried helping at least 10 people fight the 3 Sentinels as a summon but the party only made it through the mist maybe three times and then got slaughtered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    If you post a spoiler tag detailing your experience.... I will click it
    and I will blame you.
    You do realize that "spoilers" here consist of "I went here and killed this thing", right?

The fascination with these games still eludes me.
    Join us Skyblade. It is the only way to understand

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

and I will blame you.
    You do realize that "spoilers" here consist of "I went here and killed this thing", right?

At endgame a spoiler could easily consist of new equipment or lore or general story and the usual boss strategies. Lots of this stuff people dont want spoiled. Regardless, I was being sarcastic so your bit of attitude there was pretty uncalled for.
    And besides... why are you here if you arent interested in the games? This thread doesnt really need pointless negativity.
    It wasn't meant to be primarily negative (just a little bit at the end). It was mostly curiosity, as I HAD read the spoilers, and didn't really see why any of them would have to be marked. I could see possibly strategies being spoilered in such a combat-heavy game, but just the route you took and what you encountered/defeated? It struck me as odd. Nothing I've seen here is even close to what I would consider a "spoiler", so I was honestly wondering what the objection was, and why someone might object to seeing it.
    Neocracker already covered what I was going to say. A lot of joy in this game comes from finding out stuff yourself, even so much as a boss name or area name can kill things a bit. They wouldnt be spoilers for most games but here, in a game so much based around being lost and alone, every new area is exciting. Even the little things are important, and thats why so many posts that seem insignificant are spoil tagged. It's weird, but it's how it is.

Update: almost doneKilled final boss, she was pretty easy once I used a lightning pine resin on my mastodon halberd. Was doing upwards of 800 damage a hit. Her attacks were extremely easy to dodge and I only died twice because I didnt understand her telegraphing for her "wrath of god" type spell. This fight probably wouldve been a lot better if it wasnt such a heavy damage race. Oh well, it was still fun. Time to kill all of the optional bosses and pick up the rest of the soul vessels and I'll be on my way to NG+
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Beat (SPOILER)No Man's Wharf boss in the ship, I reckon this is arguably the easiest boss of any Souls game. Tried helping at least 10 people fight the 3 Sentinels as a summon but the party only made it through the mist maybe three times and then got slaughtered anyway.

and I will blame you.

Every time I even feel tempted to start up Dark Souls, I just play Monster Hunter. But it doesn't happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Been to busy playing, eating and sleeping since friday to post my progress here, but I've just defeated the Lost Sinner and the Skeleton Lords and I've made my way into some place full of poisonous stuff.

Where/when/how can I get Large Titanite Shards by the way? I have my sword at +4, but can't get it any further than that because of my severe lack of Large Titanite Shards. =(

Also: (SPOILER)screw the Gargoyles

Also: (SPOILER)I've never summoned help from a white phantom, and plan to keep it that way.
    You can buy Large titanite from McDuff at Lost Bastille after you give him an ember.

Been pvping a lot at level 80 and have a pretty awesome k/d ratio compared to DS1 lol. Flame Swathe + a powerful sword + Chariot Lance and they go down eaaassily.

People walk right into flame swathe and it does like 800-900 damage if they're not in heavy gear. Generally that and one swing and theyre dead. Every stupid gray spirit at those bell places has met my wrath. But I can't even rank up in the brotherhood of blood so what da fack.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Starting tomorrow, I have three days off entirely to myself. Now I'll be able to get out of the Forest of the Giants.

Am I supposed to be getting sodomized so much by those turtles? I can't handle two at once.

Also, I can't bring myself to unbox the rest of my collector's edition; There's a small dent on the box due to a few collisions with my messenger bag on my walk back from the mall. I feel like that lowers the future value enough to justify popping out the cloth map and ironing it out.
    Last edited by Jowy; 03-19-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: then again nobody wants MGS3: Subsistence LE mint in box either...

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

and I will blame you.

Haha. I helped out with the same one all night last night. Did it until I got about 120k souls from it from 0. It took a while. People are terrible at that. Though, fighting that made the (SPOILER)Skeleton Lords in Huntsman's Copse stupidly easy.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Blog Entries

STUFFZSo, did the giants memories which put things in a very interesting perspective, and met some cool ass NPC's. Killed the giant king who was easy once I stopped getting 1-shot and am debating on if I should just kill vendrick now with only 3 souls or if I should kill the ancient dragon first. I'm killing both either way... but the trek to the ancient dragon is a royal pain in the butt. After that it's kill all the npc's time and then off I go.

Once I hit NG+ I'm going to get the MLGS ASAP and use a soul vessel to test out a high level sorc build. If it works well I'll probably continue my low level mage or just keep my main build as that. The MLGS is one of my favorite weapons and I definitely want to test it out. (I'd use a bonfire ascetic but the last thing I want to do is trek through that area in ng++ soon
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Some more progress: (SPOILER)found and beat the Old Dragonslayer. Really curious to see how this might affect the lore. Once again Magic Ooze worked wonders. Found the Rat Vanguard but haven't beat him yet. I wonder how feasible solo beating the Ruin Sentinels is.

I think I might start a new character on the side as a Cleric.

Blog Entries

Progress:

(SPOILER)I made it through the Black Gulch, beat the boss there, and now I'm at the Iron Keep. Took me quite a while to find out how to get rid of the poison in the room against the headless gorgon boss. Only figured it out thanks to online messenges.

Also, I now have a +10 Royal Knight Greatsword, which is the weapon I've been sticking to ever since I got it. I can't figure out whenever it's worth to enchant it or not though.

"So, how is your progress Bern?"

"You know that lady in the begining?
    The Emerald Herald? Well, she told me
    to seek misery. But you know... I'm
    Bernkastel. I don't seek misery. I
    create misery. And so, I decided
    to do just that by slaying every friendly
    NPC, including the Emerald Herald."

"Hold on... so you actually killed the person
    that you need in order to level up in this game?"

"Yes. And to answer your first question,
    progress is pretty slow now. Like... really slow."

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bern is a bawse.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I played for like an hour and died about 40 times, I am not good at this game.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Whoever thought of putting quick swap as the R3 button was an idiot. And the fact you can't disable it makes it more annoying. 50% of all my deaths are due to weapon switching or random item usage due to the quick swap feature. Its a smurfing disaster.

Blog Entries

SUPER LONG RANT The ancient dragon can go smurf itself

Also, the SWORD OF THE PAINcurved dragon greatsword is an absurdly awesome weapon. Definitely basing my main build off of this baby.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Some more progress: (SPOILER)found and beat the Old Dragonslayer. Really curious to see how this might affect the lore. Once again Magic Ooze worked wonders. Found the Rat Vanguard but haven't beat him yet. I wonder how feasible solo beating the Ruin Sentinels is.

I think I might start a new character on the side as a Cleric.
    It's definitely possible, but I found it best to summon one person to pull the extra when you're going against them.

Progress UpdateBeen having a blast going through Harvest Valley and making my way up through Earthen Peak. Didn't realize that all those actions I took lead to the room not being filled with poison when fighting the Baneful Queen. She was really easy for me, beat her in one go just as I was going to see how the fight would go. I continued my way through Iron Keep, but had issues often with those GreatBow Archers. Tried the Smelter. Got him halfway when he decided to kill me with no issues. After picking up the Dull Ember there, I went to Lost Bastille to beat the Ruins Sentinels with one summoned phantom and gonna make my way through that area. Can't wait to keep going in this game. It's so much fun.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Whoever thought of putting quick swap as the R3 button was an idiot. And the fact you can't disable it makes it more annoying. 50% of all my deaths are due to weapon switching or random item usage due to the quick swap feature. Its a smurfing disaster.
    Quick swap on R3? Doesn't really ring a bell. Maybe you can turn it off in the options?

For me R3 means lock-on.