Thread: How do I play card game?

Default How do I play card game?

Just got this game couple days ago. I read all the tutorial about card game and still can't understand it. Can anyone tell me a simple explanation how to play card game? I fought the kid that run around in the place in front of the elevator, and every time I fought him it's draw or lost. I really like to know. Thanks

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, the basic rules of Triple Triad is the higher number wins.

The number on top is used against the bottom number of the card above it.
    The number on the right affects the leftmost number of the card to the right of your card.
    The number on the bottom will go against the top number on a card below it.
    And the number on the left goes against the rightmost number of the card to the left.
    9 beats 8 which beats 7 etc. A beats everything.

During a normal game, you will see that each card has 4 numbers. When a card is placed down next to another card, it takes the number on the card you put down that is closest to the card next to it, and subtracts it. If the end result is greater than 1, the other card flips and changes to your color. The person with the most flipped cards at the end wins.

However, there are many different modes to the game. I recommend reading this.

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Triple_Triad
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post

The number on the right affects the leftmost number of the card to the right of your card.
    And the number on the left goes against the rightmost number of the card to the left.

During a normal game, you will see that each card has 4 numbers. When a card is placed down next to another card, it takes the number on the card you put down that is closest to the card next to it, and subtracts it. If the end result is greater than 1, the other card flips and changes to your color. The person with the most flipped cards at the end wins.

Thanks Hypoallergenic Chie, I hope now I can win it Once again thanks

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCLFFF13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post

Thanks Hypoallergenic Chie, I hope now I can win it Once again thanks
    NP!

Hopefully I phrased it in a way that makes sense.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

You can, of course, always play Triple Triad here for practice. You can buy a cheap starter deck and then play against CPU characters (and other EoFF members if you want) for more and better cards.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved this card game, but one of the reasons why I don't replay this FF often is because I have this obligation to get all the special cards which takes FOREVER. I remember pulling my hair out so bad at trying to get the Laguna card so much that I became part of the Galibaldian Army.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Now that HC has told you the basics allow me to share some wisdom from the llama on how you can use Triple Triad for some serious game breaking magic.

You start off by challenging that boy who runs around Balamb Garden, he has the MiniMog card, with Ifrit and Mini you can get the Quistis card from one of the Treppe groupies, then with her card, you go and challenge Cid (after the SeeD exam) for the Seifer card, and finally the Diabolos card from the magical lamp makes you practically unbeatable.

The gatekeeper has a whole range of level 5 cards such as the Abyss Worm (1 = 1 Windmill = 20 Tornado with T Mag-RF) and there are troutloads of other amazing cards that can be modded/refined into powerful magic.
    Enjoy.

I just beat the game couple days ago. I quit play the card after trying to beat the CC (or GG) group. After that there were to many difficult rules. But one thing is the rule making me more confuse. Plus? Same Wall? I forgot the others. But same and plus are the one that I always encountered after Galbadia Garden I guess. The plus one that makes me want to quit. I don't understand about plus rule. Somehow the enemy can do it. When they got plus they got combo when they got combo I lose, most of the time. I never got Combo or anything just Same. Maybe later in my second playthrough I'll try finish it again, try to acquire the rare cards.

Yeah the rare card really hard to get. It takes forever to wait that person to play with rare card.

I have barely read into the advanced rules, like same/plus, so I am still having a tough time with TT. I never really played the cards much when I first played FFVIII in 1999, and this is only my second playing of the game in all that time! I will work at it, though! I'm only 8 hours in, so there will be plenty of time to grind on some TT.

Good memories are being rekindled. I've listened to the soundtrack hundreds of times over the years, it's nice to finally be playing it again.