Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Default True Detective

My favourite new show recently. Have you guys seen the first season, which just finished airing? If you haven't, why aren't you doing so right now? If you have... fantastic, wasn't it?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Will probably start this ASAP. Heard very good things.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I was impressed and left very satisfied by the writing, acting, and, well, everything. Those characters, Cohle and Hart, were amazing, and it was a great ride accompanying them.

I second the motion that if you have not seen this show, to rectify this as soon as possible. I am jealous of anyone who watches now, since waiting a week between episodes for all eight episodes was so painful.

Is it on Netflix or Amazon Prime or anything? Or should we secretly plunder it from the depths of the interwebs?

Blog Entries

It is an HBO show, available online on HBO GO, and I am sure they will rerun the season in their regular programming on cable.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Or ya know interneting it.

I have hbogo. Haven't watched the finale yet but the show is amazing. The writing is amazing. I have been very impressed.

Ah, leads me back to that old argument where you should be able to subscribe to HBO and watch it's online services without having to first have cable television. (I don't have cable and never plan to get it). I may try to pirate it then. Or maybe the local video rental place will pick it up when the retail version is available

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Watched the first episode today. It's slow to get going but I'm intrigued. Laughed a lot at their banter.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first episode was the most boring thing ever but I caught another episode on Sunday that was pretty great so I must watch.

Yes, it is a fantastic show. The dark, weird atmosphere and music, the acting, the dialogue, all are great. I just watched the last episode of the first season and I am very impressed with it.

I do have one gripe, though. General spoilers-ishEssentially every hunch they had was correct, and essentially everyone they interviewed gave them exactly the information they needed, which seemed kind of deus-ex-machina-y. I guess that since the storyline was spread out over multiple years this can be somewhat explained, but it's difficult to convey the feeling of that much time passing in an 8 episode story arc. It made the pacing seem a bit awkward to me.

I still think that overall it's an amazing show and I can't wait for the next story. I'm interested to see who will be the actors in Season 2.

There was a time I never would have said, "You know who's a great actor? Matthew McConaughey!" But here we are. I watched this show mostly for the two lead actors and their dialog and less for the overarching mystery about whoever and whatever. I enjoyed the ride~

That episode with the very complicated 6 minute long take is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen a TV show pull off.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    There was a time I never would have said, "You know who's a great actor? Matthew McConaughey!"
    This is how I felt when I heard he had won an Oscar. It's like they give them away as party favors now or something.

Having said that, I have heard enough about this show to want to watch it now!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

1/4 the way in and it is still slow to get moving. Hopefully the pace picks up!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just finished the finale tonight. I foresee emmys all around!

Episode 4 is where I was like holy trout. So I have high hopes for the last half, which ill get to soon enough