Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF X/ X-2 HD How are you playing it?

Blog Entries

we got it yesterday!

Jay startrd on X, and I started on X-2, but I freaking loathe the whole "100%" thing.. I always screw up and miss something in the process so having a walkthrough is almost mandatory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    we got it yesterday!

Jay startrd on X, and I started on X-2, but I freaking loathe the whole "100%" thing.. I always screw up and miss something in the process so having a walkthrough is almost mandatory.
    I have to say what I always say: Do not go for 100% in one playthrough.

For several reasons.
    - 100% does not mean you've seen everything X-2 has to offer. In fact, there's quite a bunch of side content that gives no %.
    - If you don't know what you're doing, it can be incredibly tedious (as it seems to be for you). FFX-2 can be really arbitrary when it comes to what gives % and what doesn't which can be very frustrating.
    - It's simply a lot more enjoyable if you don't have the % counter dangling over your head. Simply being able to skip quests you don't feel like doing is great. The game is built around you accumulating % points over multiple playthroughs, eventually reaching 100%. Don't even think of New Game Plus as "playing the game a second time", but rather simply the continuation of your current playthrough. Forcing yourself to do everything immediatly even if you hate doing it leads to nothing productive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gmarcturus View Post
    I'm streaming the PS3 version on Twitch. If you are interested in checking it out you can find it at Twitch.
    Gave you a follow

I'll be getting it soon enough, playing on PS3. I emulated it about 6 months ago so will keep it on the long finger for a while seeing as I replayed it rather recently already.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> This game need a skip button badly, and whats wrong with Tidus eyes? they freak me out..

Other than that Im loving the game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    we got it yesterday!

I have to say what I always say: Do not go for 100% in one playthrough.

For several reasons.
    - 100% does not mean you've seen everything X-2 has to offer. In fact, there's quite a bunch of side content that gives no %.
    - If you don't know what you're doing, it can be incredibly tedious (as it seems to be for you). FFX-2 can be really arbitrary when it comes to what gives % and what doesn't which can be very frustrating.
    - It's simply a lot more enjoyable if you don't have the % counter dangling over your head. Simply being able to skip quests you don't feel like doing is great. The game is built around you accumulating % points over multiple playthroughs, eventually reaching 100%. Don't even think of New Game Plus as "playing the game a second time", but rather simply the continuation of your current playthrough. Forcing yourself to do everything immediatly even if you hate doing it leads to nothing productive at all.
    This is exactly how I got 100% on X-2.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante WolfWood View Post
    Tip: If you haven't started yet, remember to fam piranhas at the ruins in the beginning for ability spheres. Those things are impossible to get afterwards until after the blitzball tournament. Have to get Overkills; Rikku's grenades work pretty well.
    This is no longer necessary as in the new version you have a new ability on Wakka that is called Extract Ability on the stardard sg and its right in the middle of the starting area of the expert sg.