Thread: The Little Mermaid...

Blog Entries

Default The Little Mermaid...

.... Yep. There's gonna be a live action adaptation apparently ... With Sofia Coppola directing!

No word yet on who's going to be the leading lady as Coppola is still in talks to seal the deal, but from what I've read, it'll likely be closer to the original Hans Christian Anderson version instead of the Disney fairytale.

I hope this happens. . I would love to see this version made into a movie.. Along with Cinderella and other Disney movies that originally had darker storylines..

Who do you think should be Ariel and Prince Eric!? & Ursula (Queen Latifa, I think, personally. I mean dat Annie Leibovitz photo was incredibly spot on) & the other characters!?

LA Times

Articles
    Blog Entries

I shall be following this with excitement and caution and ready to judge everything overly harshly than I would have otherwise because I love The Little Mermaid and if it bombs there shall be much bloodshed.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I normally would wince away from this in disgust, but I wholeheartedly support anything and everything Sofia Coppola does so I will see this film, especially if it's based on the sad fairy tale version, and I hope I like it.

Curious about who will be who and IF THEY WILL LEAVE OUT SEBASTIAN AND FLOUNDER AND INSTEAD INCLUDE FRITZ THE DOLPHIN

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They best be preparing their buttholes for my wrath. Though I do love me some Sofia Coppola, so I will have to cop to some excitement.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Holy crap, an article that delves into some deep explanations about The Little Mermaid and theories behind it. I never knew this stuff! I'm not so sure if I love the parallels the article-writer is drawing to Ms. Coppola's work, but I found it to be an interesting read.

The Little Mermaid's Twisted, Sofia Coppola-esque Origins - Noah Gittell - The Atlantic

Blog Entries

That -is- vrry interesting..

Im excited for this project to happen.

Blog Entries

I am going to mock this. Fervently.

Now way it will be dumber then the Disney version!

*runs away*

Wonder if it's going to have the Disney ending, or book ending.

If it's terrible, I'm hoping book ending. xD

Which version is the one in which the prince screws the mermaid and leaves her for another woman once he'd gotten what he wanted? Was that just the Princess series version.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.