Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Xenosaga Topic of 2014

Articles
    Blog Entries

Who needs a zipper? I can keep up my shorts with the power of my mind alone!

Inspired by the Lines/Dialogue That Make You Cringe in FFX....

Their stench... it reeks.
    It - makes - me - sick - to - my - stomach.

Episode 1 had the best voice-acting of the Trilogy IMO but man did it have some funny delivery at times.
    Helmer: UUUUUUUUU-DOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also did my fellow FFXII fanboys and girls on here notice that Pellegri in Episode 2 and 3 is voiced by Lady Ashe? It was awesome. Kari Wahlgren needs to be in more stuff!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's difficult to not get all hot and bothered listening to some of the VA work, I mean Crispin Freeman and Michael McConnohie just have some of the sexiest voices in anime. I am very saddened that Sherry Lynn didn't continue on to voice MOMO because I felt she had the ideal voice for her character.

Don't forget Keith Szarabajka or something like that! He was Holtz! And that guard from The Dark Knight! His voice is the one that gets me all hot and bothered these days. You just don't hear him enough.

But yes...Freeman and McConnohie are so prolific for a reason. They have unforgettable voices.

I also missed Ms. Lynn. To me she has one of the best "little girl" voices in anything ever.

For another star, DC Douglas was terrific as Voyager. He'd go on to make a real splash with Albert in RE5 but he was hamming it up in XSIII too. The way he said "Jan Sauer" just gave me chills.

Those final two ES fights - the one with him and then Margulis - are among my favorite boss battles in the series. Just so much....emotion. "I never thought I'd get to experience this feeling again. I'm grateful to you, Jan Sauer." (or something like that. i haven't actually played that part of the game in a long time)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a shame Pied Piper never got a better release for the series cause the story of Ziggy and Voyager is one of the better subplots of the series and its a shame the main games could never give it proper context.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hearing Alucard's voice in Xenosaga was a highlight for me. It's hard not to think of the vampire whenever I hear his voice.

Margulis: Then all we've done so far, all we've worked for was meaningless?

Wilhelm: It wasn't meaningless as long as you, yourself, believe it wasn't meaningless.

That "Truth About Ormus" scene really makes you feel for Margulis but it's also clear that Wilhelm, despite his directness, isn't really sadistic or cruel. He's just saying the facts in a tactless manner. That quote from him there is important not only for Wilhelm's character but for more...personal insight on things you might be doing in real life. In spite of all its ANIME trappings, Xenosaga has a lot of intriguing stuff to say about more cerebral issues and that quote is a good example of such.

It's one of my favorites anyway.