Thread: Anyone download from PSN?

Default Anyone download from PSN?

Muggins here did on Friday and the file keeps corrupting during installation( after the two to three hour download) No shops round here are stocking the game so I used the PSN. Am I the only one with this problem? I'm trying to get my money back off Sony so I can travel 20 miles to get the bloody game.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I bought it and then downloaded FFX-2 with the voucher and didn't have problems. Is there enough storage on the memory stick?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I'm surprised anyone chose to download it, I don't know about America but in England the game is £5 more expensive on PSN.

Plus you can trade in a physical copy, you cant trade in a digital one lol.

Yeah I have 200 gb free space. I think I may of found a solution online, I'm downloading it for the fifth time. Seems a few people have this problem when downloading games over 10 gb. I rang SONY helpline, that was about as much use a chocolate tea cup.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A chocolate tea cup is useful - if you have a chocolate craving lol.

What was the solution, just in case someone else asks?

It didn't work, well not for me anyway. Got to wait to ring Sony in the morning, I'll post it when it works.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    I'm surprised anyone chose to download it, I don't know about America but in England the game is £5 more expensive on PSN.

Digital is great if it's a lot cheaper. It's $40 on PSN for me, but in stores it retails for $44.99 + tax in Canada. So that's a ten dollar difference. Pretty substantial.

Even moreso, God of War Ascension is $40 in stores, but $20 on PSN. If something digital is THAT cheap, I could give a smurf less about a 50 cent case and a disc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post

Digital is great if it's a lot cheaper. It's $40 on PSN for me, but in stores it retails for $44.99 + tax in Canada. So that's a ten dollar difference. Pretty substantial.

Even moreso, God of War Ascension is $40 in stores, but $20 on PSN. If something digital is THAT cheap, I could give a smurf less about a 50 cent case and a disc.
    Well cheaper is great, but I still like being able to trade in my games, for example I bought LR for £39.99 played and got all trophies and then traded it in for £25... which just happened to be the price of FFX HD.

On PSN FFX HD is £29.99... so not only is it more expensive but I don't have the option of taking it over a friends house without carting the PS3 there, or being able to trade it in (not that I ever will) but you get the point.

The physical copy of the Vita version is only physical for FFX, and it includes a download code for X-2. So I downloaded X-2. Which crashed the first time I played it.

Fortunately it seemed to work fine after that.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post

Well cheaper is great, but I still like being able to trade in my games, for example I bought LR for £39.99 played and got all trophies and then traded it in for £25... which just happened to be the price of FFX HD.

On PSN FFX HD is £29.99... so not only is it more expensive but I don't have the option of taking it over a friends house without carting the PS3 there, or being able to trade it in (not that I ever will) but you get the point.
    I wish I got that much bang back. I bought LR for $60, and got $30 back. I mean it and another game covered the cost of FFX | X-2 completely, but I'm not averse to buying digitally. The only downside to it is if you have a small HDD, which Xbox is really inferior in that department.

Interestingly enough, when I went to EB Games to order FFX, the clerk warned me that buying the PS3 version digitally has resulted in some people getting the Vita version for free as well. I'm not sure if it was BS or not, but I didn't particularly care. I'm sure some people would find that a very lucrative deal though, if they have a Vita as well. So if anybody is interested, they can look that up and see if it's legit. For some reason I think he was just trying to seem like a helpful guy because he kept trying to sell me other trout that I didn't need/want. I DON'T WANT YOUR PLATINUM CARD, JUST LET ME PAY FOR MY smurfING GAME SO I CAN LEAVE. Ugh, EB Games.