Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD First Impressions

Articles
    Blog Entries

Goddamn FFX-2, why are you so addictive!?

Doesn't seem like I'll do the postgame content of FFX anytime soon. I've been entangled.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That's because FFX and X-2 are like the only HD remasters that have actually been remastered. Just increasing the resolution doesn't count as a remaster. If it did, I would be "remastering" games every time I ran an old game on a newer PC.
    Saying that though, X looks better than most PS3 games. It's so smooth looking. On the verge of beating the game here and I'm loving it. I'm actually sort of surprised at how absorbed I got.
    That's a pretty big exaggeration. I'd be inclined to agree if every character in the game got the same treatment as the main characters did. From a technical standpoint, random NPCs in FF13-2 have more polys and higher res textures than the main cast of FFX. FFX also lacks a lot of effects that you see in almost any "real" PS3 game, such as DoF, HDR and environmental reflections. The game world has a prettier design than most other PS3 games, though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I think the characters look stellar enough. Maybe not as good as some of FFXIII-2's design, but everything looks so smooth. The backgrounds look far more beautiful IMO though.

Str8 Pimpin'

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I'm getting used to the faces, but...Tidus' eyeballs sure are over-shaded. They look like they're about to pop out. It's distracting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That's because FFX and X-2 are like the only HD remasters that have actually been remastered. Just increasing the resolution doesn't count as a remaster. If it did, I would be "remastering" games every time I ran an old game on a newer PC.
    Wind Waker HD would like a word.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

wind waker can have as many words as it wants for all i care

also, i said "like the only", so that doesn't mean it is the absolutely only real hd remaster
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'm about 5 hours into X and I'm hooked. I haven't played an FF game in a while and revisiting X is fantastic. I know many people dislike this game, but I think it's an amazing classic that deserved an update. I could have lived without Tidas' Botox though.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

So I finished playing through the FFX story last night and I think they did a fantastic job overall with the HD remaster. I wasn't really disappointed, but the following things I think would have been worth doing:

-Fixing the lip syncing.
    -Either redoing or filtering the FMVs instead of just cropping and upscaling them. They don't look awful but they could look a lot better.
    -Touched up the NPC's textures a tad more.
    -Not punished us with the second most time consuming platinum trophy ever.

Aside of those things, it's a pretty flawless remaster from beginning to end. I still need to kill the super bosses and *shudders* fill out everyone's spheregrid.
    I like Kung-Fu.