Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Teachers: A Spoilerific Classroom

Articles
    Blog Entries

If they're watching the show then they already spoiled things for themselves that were in the books and I'm failing to see how spoilers suddenly makes a person grow up with bad tastes.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If we live in a world where sharing spoilers on a TV show is among the worst things people do to each other then damn that is a pretty good world. Go ask your parents or grandparents what they got when they acted up in school. It wasn't the results of next week's Leave It To Beaver I guarantee you of that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Because by spoiling something you've ruined that thing for them forever, the right piece of media could've changed their very way of thinking and feeling and you got in the way of that. I believe there's at least one perfect movie/show/book out there for everyone and this very thing could've been theirs and you took that away from them. There's only one chance in a lifetime to view something without knowing what it's about and when that chance is gone, barring a faulty memory, it's gone forever.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All the more reason to respect your elders. So that they don't spoil the the ultimate story called life. (SPOILER)It's awesome.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Because by spoiling something you've ruined that thing for them forever, the right piece of media could've changed their very way of thinking and feeling and you got in the way of that. I believe there's at least one perfect movie/show/book out there for everyone and this very thing could've been theirs and you took that away from them. There's only one chance in a lifetime to view something without knowing what it's about and when that chance is gone, barring a faulty memory, it's gone forever.
    Yes, I will never forget that moment when my mom ruined the ending for The Cat in the Hat for me. It was devastating. I have never since recovered, nor will I ever be fully at peace.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I knew it was your mom who made you this way.

Blog Entries

It doesnt matter for every movie for every person but the point is YOU dont know what movies will effect someone elses life. Just because it didnt have a deep impact on yours doesnt mean someone else wont find it profoundly insightful in a way which makes them see the world and themselves in a different perspective. Everything we watch Incepts ideas in our mind conciously and subconciously and spoiling it ruins the process.

All the more reason to respect your elders
    People dont know theyre being Incepted when they watch a movie, they dont know if this is what will change their view of the world until they see it and you cant miss what you never had.

Example: Wizard of OzWhat if there was a child who watched Wizard of Oz and when he found out Oz was a fraud subconciously got the idea "what if my god isnt real either?". This idea compounded with others in his future might give him the chance to grow up as an agnostic or an aetheist. Now what if that was taken away from him and someone told him the Wizard was fake and throughout the movie he sees "How could they think thats real, It's clearly not". Now the idea that his God might not be the one true hard doesnt sink in as hard or at all and his future is altered.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 03-26-2014 at 02:59 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think you may have just discovered the cure for atheism. Hopefully the Christians don't find out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I once got one of my turdier students (smart though he was) to do his homework for a whole week after promising to teach him how to beat Zant in Zelda: Twilight Princess. Pop culture can be a great tool for a teacher.

Blog Entries

That teacher's name? Albert (SPOILER)Pujols

there was a picture here