Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Fynn's doodles

I like how you seem to draw this on any bit of paper you have in front of you. Is that a medical book?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I like how you seem to draw this on any bit of paper you have in front of you. Is that a medical book?
    I have medical translations this semester. So yes

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smile

So! I think I finally have all the main characters for that visual novel idea. Not all the characters are drawn quite as nicely as the previous three, but I did my best while doodling at school. If you count Kenta and Naomi as one, there's seven characters. And because I have a weird relationship with colors, each of them has a different color of the rainbow assigned to them :P

Also, the personalities you'll see now are just what I made up while drawing the characters, so if I ever manage to make the game (which is very unlikely), these characters may change substantially.

RED: Kenta/Naomi

So they're basically one person. The male and female protagonist have essentially the same personality in my eyes. I chose the color red for them because they are a warm person, very open to others, and also a little impulsive. Gryffindors, if you will :P I also made it a point to make sure none of them is white, so Kenta is of Japanese descent, while Naomi is black, even if you can't see that here.

ORANGE: Koa

Dakota's friend, another surfer. I chose the color orange for him mostly due to his connection with the sunset. He's full of passion and romance, living life seeking constant excitement. He's like this wild flame whose enthusiasm is super contagious. Although he's kind of a player that can't really commit, he is a romance option for Naomi. I think it might turn out interesting that way.

YELLOW: Lani

I wanted to make her a cute, endearing yet shy chubby girl. I don't really have much of an idea for a story for her. Yellow is her color because despite being shy, once she opens up she has a very sunny personality. Always optimistic and happy, that's what I had in mind for her. A romantic option for Kenta.

GREEN: Geoff

So I've already talked about Geoff. His color is green because he is the childhood friend of the protagonist. Green feels like home. Geoff won't give up on you, no matter what. As he would be romanceable by both Kenta and Naomi, he is the only gay option if you choose Kenta.

BLUE: Dakota

Like with Geoff, I've already covered Dakota. I'll just add some details. His color is blue due to his connection to the sea. He's kind of a foil to Koa, in that he too is a surfer, but he's a bit more reserved, much more cool and collected. Hes like the blue oni to Koa's red oni. He's also a bit of a deadpan snarker. He's the default love interest for Naomi.

INDIGO: Laylah

Here's the default love interest for Kenta. Like Dakota, she has a very big role in the main story. On the surface, she's nice and outgoing, but there is a lot she is hiding, and for good reason. Her color is indigo because I associate it with the night sky, which is beautiful to look at but also holds all these secrets that make you feel really tiny if you think about it. I also want the night sky to play a big metaphorical role in the story. I'm gonna need some really good illustrator for that

VIOLET: Kiana

Brash and outgoing on the surface, Kiana is very sensitive, but really hates to admit it. I guess she's kind of a tsundere? But Id rather avoid such typing. She's in a band, but she's actually very well-versed in the sciences. She's basically the smart guy of the group. Also, she's romanceable by both genders, making her the only gay option for Naomi.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Drew Griff yesterday. Not exactly satisfied, since I know I smurfed up the proportions again, but I'm glad I drew something more than a face.

Blog Entries

Very nicely done yet again. I really adore the female portraits very much. Many beautiful and charming art designs here. I like Griff having different coloured eyes. Uniqueness hands down. Keep them up, Fynn! Great work!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Doodled a bit in class today. Some of these are old, though.

Here's Griff.

Here's Daniel, his monster-bashing buddy.

Next up we have Sergei, the St. Petersburg-based professor from my Path to Eden novel.

Finally, did some full-body shots of the Crosswords dudes.

I'm also posting this hasty scribble. I wanted to draw Ian giving Freddie a piggy-back ride, but the proportions are really messed up here. I lack the capacity to draw this, but I still wanted to see them in this configuration, so here you go.

Hey, with Sergei, Ian and Freddie, that's all my gays in one post!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got Colors! 3D on my 3DS today and decided to comemorate it by drawing a digital drawing of Ian!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Experimenting some more with color's 3d lately. Here's a chibi Angela and a Freddie that's supposed to be kinda like a fanservice'y pinup thing? I mean, how else do you explain the suit and bare feet together? Don't worry, other characters willk get a similar treatment

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The colouring is great

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now that I look at it on such a big screen, I think I overdid it with the airbrush :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm insanely busy lately, but I managed to doodle Ian with a manbun in class. He looks weird

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ian turned out pretty nicely too. I also drew the other Crosswords characters, but I wasn't quite so satisfied with them.