Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights are the best job class, and I am prepared to defend that statement.

Well, I must say, this whole discussion we got going on here is just excellent!

So the Wizard team doesn't really stand much of a chance. Let's just forget about them.

Onto other matters. Jay, you're mistaken. Jump inflicts the same amount of damage regardless of the target's nearness to the Jumper. I tested that out about an hour after I read that post. So position has no effect on the damage being dished out, unless the position is very far away so that the Lancer's couldn't reach the Knghts. Pray Faith won't have a ghost of a chance at being successful. You can forget about that. So you're only hope of ever killing the Lancer's is through physical attacks. I see you gave up the awesome power of the Chaos Blade. That decision right there reduces your physical damaging capabilities by roughly 65%. That's BIG loss of power. And with Abandon, your hits would never connect.

You said you would keep one character tucked away healing and reviving all the time. That tactic might work, but not wholly. I mean, you will be reviving and you will keep reviving because I would have to stay with the other Knights killing them over and over again. But, what good will that do you? You'll never win. The battle would just last forever, one Knight reviving his teammates with the enemy Lancers Jumping them back to death.

The Knights are beaten, seeing as their only chance of survival relies on having one of them stay in the back like a sissy to heal and revive. A bit cheap, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Mwork; 05-19-2001 at 11:43 PM.

Jay Ayanami

Default Hmmm...

"Well, I must say, this whole discussion we got going on here is just excellent!"

I really must agree.

Onto other matters. Jay, you're mistaken. Jump inflicts the same amount of damage regardless of the target's nearness to the Jumper."

Are you certain about the Lancers? I have a game with all Lancers and if you attack at a range of 8, they always do 999, but if you attack at a range of 1, they do considerably less. If you have a Dex Drive (I just got one myself), then I can show you.

Pray Faith has worked on my own units with zero faith before, so I am just speaking from experience.

"I see you gave up the awesome power of the Chaos Blade."

When did I do that? I did not mean to. Please show me where I did that and I will correct it.

"I mean, you will be reviving and you will keep reviving because I would have to stay with the other Knights killing them over and over again. But, what good will that do you? You'll never win. The battle would just last forever, one Knight reviving his teammates with the enemy Lancers Jumping them back to death."

So then it would just be a stalemate, which is pointedly not a loss.

"The Knights are beaten."

Or brought to a stalemate, at worst. If one jump missed, that would be the window I would need to attack you. Then you would have to Ressurrect somehow, eliminating another turn.

1.) Jumps do not miss.

2.) You can't hit me at all

Oh, and I forgot something. I remember a post where you said you'd give up the Chaos Blade and use a shield instead. But I don't want to look through this monstrous thread, so you'll have to remember or look for it yourself.

Jay Ayanami

Default Hmmm...

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about that?

Hits from behind can hit.

Obviously, you nor I will concede a defeat so...

What exactly do you think would beat that team? What you claim is that they cannot be touched by physical attacks and are uneffected my magic. That leaves what? Samurais and GEOMANCERS? LoL. With Samurais all you would have to do is stay out of range and jump at the opportune moment. I think my team would win because of my Math skills. But, that is a moot point now. I'd still like to know your idea of a good counter team.

Yes, I'm sure. The gold Escutcheon has Phys Ev. of 75% and a Magic Ev. of 50%, does it not? I'm pretty sure it does. And Abandon doubles the shield's capabilities.

Counter team for what other team?

Jay Ayanami

Default That's odd.

I assume you mean Escheucheon 2. Of course, not all of your characters would be able to equip it.

Counter the Lancer team.

Sure they can. Just dupe it! ^_^

Jay Ayanami

Default O_O!

Blasphemy! *points at you* Cheater!!!

Yeah, well you're getting all these multiple copies of Chaos Blades and Excaliburs!

That's also cheating. You're using a programming mistake to your advantage.

Jay Ayanami

Default But...

Was that really a mistake though?

I like to cheat, for fun (not for serious). Resident Evil cheats are SO funny. Also, if it weren't for cheatsing, I'd never be able to have Velius use a Papyrus Plate on you!

Well, giving the player unlimited access to the most powerful, rarest weapons in the game sure does sound like a mistake.

Jay Ayanami

Default Maybe...

Maybe they just wanted to leave the option open to the smartest player?

I don't know.

Well, at any rate, I'm having the damndest time thinking up a counter team for the Lancer's. It'll be VERY difficult to kill those chicks.

Jay Ayanami

Default I guess.

I guess Samurais would be most effective.