Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights are the best job class, and I am prepared to defend that statement.

Lans Tartare

If you are going by the game definition, Holy Knight and Knight are two distinct jobs, which no shared abilities.

"That is only true if you give him Battle Skill, and nothing else."

Stasis Sword, Crush Punch, Split Punch, Lightning Stab, and Holy Explosion are Holy Knight abilities. Hellcry Punch, Icewolf Bite, Blastar Punch, and Shellbust Stab are Divine Knight abilities. Dark Sword and Night Sword are Dark Knight abilities.

Those abilities still belong to Knights. Special Knights, but Knights nonetheless. All those special Knights are still Knights, only more holy or divine or dark than normal ones.

Except the Heaven and Hell Knights. Those two should not have those Jobs. They can't equip heavy armor or even regular swords, for crying out loud. >_< They should've been Heaven and Hell Mages or something like that.

Lans Tartare

They are Holy Knight and Divine Knight abilities, not Knight abilities. Lets look at some examples, real life and Tactics, where having something as part of a name doesn't mean it is really so.

Tactics:
    Angel of Death-gee, it must be an angel. Actually, it's a Zodiac Demon.
    ArchAngel-see above.

Now, lets look at real life examples.
    Intel Pentium III-Pentium III does not equal Pentium. Pentium, however, is part if its name.
    Microsoft Internet Explorer-Is it the internet in itself? Is it some kind of person going to a farawar and unknown land to explore?

Lets step off the really obvious and infinite examples and actually examine the classes themselves. Are Holy Knights and Divine Knights really Knights? No, Knights, Holy Knights, and Divine Knights belong to 3 distinct jobs, with no overlayering abilities whatsoever. According to the game itself, they are separate entities, not to be confused with each other.

Three separate Jobs, yes, but still Knights.

Lans Tartare

You have just admitted that they are separate. Thus, they must be different things in FFT. In other words, they are not interchangeable terms.

"You have just admitted that they are separate."

It doesn't really matter.

They are all still Knights.

Lans Tartare

It doesn't matter if Knight is part of their name. They are different from the Knight job, which means you can insert one into the place of another. They are two distinct things, not to be confused with one another.
    Therefore Holy Knights are not Knights. They are Holy Knights.

A Holy Knight is a devoted Knight who has been baptized by the church.

A devoted Knight who has been baptized by the church, but still a Knight.

But I'm gonna stop arguing now. There's no point to this whole thing, and I think you'd agree Lans.

Besides, it's pretty off-topic

Lans Tartare

A Holy Knight is a separate job than the Knight. This much we can all agree on. Thus, a Holy Knight is not a Knight. It must be a separate entity.

"I'm gonna stop arguing now."

*yawn* ~Go go linking power! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by Notti; 02-06-2002 at 01:21 AM.

Haha.

Well, Lans, there you go. The great Notti has analyzed the two teams, and he thought the Knights would win.

I wonder if that Ice person is also an EoFF forumer, and why he/she didn't even mention my Lancers. Are they that useless against the Knights?

Last edited by Mwork; 06-08-2001 at 07:21 PM.

Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet yet. Nyet.

Now, now...this battle isn't over just yet My post above was pretty much a stream of consciousness post and I probably glossed over a perfectly acceptable counter strategy for the Wizs. Too bad both teams are so homogenous that they become weaker... but at least it makes it much easier to imagine their fight.
    Last edited by Notti; 02-06-2002 at 01:22 AM.

So then, Notti, have you come up with a good counter-strategy for the Wizards?

Jay Ayanami

Default *is back*

Well, I left this discussion because, quite frankly, I was disgusted by the mentality of the people who "debated" within. I do not refer to everyone within the thread. Just a few.

At any rate, I am back, at least for the time being.

I cannot view the link that Nottie posted. Can someone copy and paste the meat of it here? I would appreciate it.