Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights are the best job class, and I am prepared to defend that statement.

Are you sure that zodiac alignments weren't responisible for Ramza doing different amounts of damage to units on different squares?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't...but now that I think of it I can't be 100% there, sorry.

Jay Ayanami

Default Aren't I just a little stinker?

I'm ba-ack!

Just when you thought you had the best of me, too!!!

Anyhow, *jumps around* Knights are the best, Knights are the best, Knights are the best.

*Level3Holy-s everyone*

Anyhow, Knights are the best. No other team is as good as my team is, overall!!!

I don't think Knights are much of a good class. In collaberation with the long-ranged calculators they're amazing (since it makes up for the fact that they're slow, movement, NO ranged attacks and their main ability being total crap), however unfortunately on their own they're useless. Of course, this could be said with other classes as well (for example, a knight with equip gun, a black mage with draw out abilties or calculator abilities), however then that would be stating the knight class is the best class to be in putting in other classese' abilties. I find this an interesting thought...which class would be the most powerful, supposing that you can only have abilites of any sort from their class (so no move+3 on the mage, for example).

Jay Ayanami

Default Hmmm...

Think of it this way. The job of Knight entails the ability to select a subskill (as all other jobs classes do, aside from Mime). I select Math. In conjunction with Calculator, it is better than any other class, all things being equal (for other classes may also equip Calculator subskills).

Yes, but without the calculator class the knight class would automatically be useless. Then Knights aren't the best class, it's just the best class overall to collaberate with a calculator, and only with that specific pattern.

Knights don't have very high MA, so it wouldn't be a very good idea to give them math skill. The only spells that would be worth casting from knights are status spells that only rely on faith. It would be much better to give math skill to a wizard because then you could deal more damage with spells.
    8-Bit Nostalgia: The FFI pimp party

I find wizards with draw out fun to ues.

Knights can easily defeat holy knights, dark knights, etc. That's why some people say that they are good...you should give knights punch art or something

Yeah, I did that once. I had a draw out wizard doing around 400 damage with kikuichimoji. Draw out damage is based on MA, making wizards the best draw out users. It's probably nothing more than a coincidence, but I've noticed that katanas break more often when draw out is performed by someone other than a samurai.

I have ramza with that setup, he does 600 damage easily, it's great.

Jay Ayanami

Default No...

No, they are the best class because at their optimum setup, they are the best. For instance, you can make any job class crappy if you set them up in a certain way. Therefore, you take into account the best possible setup. Knights have the best possible setup.

Anyhow, when I say Knights, I (as I have said eariler in the thread) include all Knight type classes (primarily Holy Swordsman, since it is a conglomeration of all Knight classes).

And they are far better than anything else.

I don't think that Holy Swordsman or any other special job should be considered the same as a knight. Their special sword skills are much more powerful than most generic abilities, so it is pointless to say that they are the best.

Knights and Holy knights, etc. have nothing in common, except the fact that they both hold knight swords. Holy Knights are (i think) blessed by the church or something

Dude, Knights, Divine Knights, Holy Swordsman, Holy Knights and Arc knights are NOT the same thing. THat's like saying summoners, calculators, oracles and black mages are the same. They're differnt classes, you're talking about the pure knight class, and if you aren't that's not even a generic class which would basically make this into a completely stupid conversation (well DUH Orlandu would win no matter what).