Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Knights are the best job class, and I am prepared to defend that statement.

Tdblitz

Im going to say it, and say it now, the Best JOB in the entire game, without a doubt is Holy Swordsman with all Swords skill.

Why do you ask? well, If yer like me, and have beat the game a few times, WITH and WITHOUT using orlandu, you'd know that Orlandu plays pretty much like a cheat.

I really think he ruined the game IMO, the second and third time around I beat it. Because well, he's just TOO GOOD. He has the Second best weapon in the game, Excalibur.
    Which casts haste and other attributes on whoever holds it.
    And all of his Swords skills , and abilities make him one strong sunuva bitch over all.

all Armor damaging sword techs are NEAR TO IMPOSSIBLE to block. Hell , why do you think he was General?. He could bring down an entire army. And heck, If Balbanes hadn't died so soon to his serial killing son Dycedarg, we've mightve seen him kick just as much ass as Orlandu, probably even more.

Orlandu in the least to say, is one cheap sunuva bitch. I mean I felt that what mightve been a horrible and extremely difficult challenge had been deteriorated by Orlandus Allswordskill ability.

CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAp!.
    Yes, you heard me. So even though it isnt really considered a "legal" class, since you cant attain it, But if you pitted 5 Master Holyswordsmen against 5 ordinary Knights, Monks, Any class, You probably wouldnt win. Or if you get right down to it, and want to change your chars and add your math skill and what not, Lets make it fair for both sides and give the holy swordsmen the Mastered Math skill ability as well. Yer still screwed!.

So all in all, I think HOLYswordsmen all on its own, can rape any job class!!!!!

This is so retarded I'm not even gonna bother to respond an answer to it.

Jay Ayanami

Default Clarification.

You need to understand my thread of logic, Blitz. Intrinsic to the Knight is the ability to use a second skill set. This is the skill of every unit. Thus, it is valid to say they are the best since it is an ability of theirs to use other classes. It is other intrinsic traits, combined with this, that makes them the best.

Mwork, I was referring to the team you proposed that acted on Calculated status anomalies.

And Blitz, as for your last comment, I will say that I really wish you would read the rest of this thread before you make more of an ass of yourself. You don't even have to read the whole thing. Really, you only need read the last page or so ...

Weren't you saying ealier about not lowering yourself as much to go to insult the other person? Doesn't your action...contradict that?

'''''Mwork, I was referring to the team you proposed that acted on Calculated status anomalies.'''''

Ah. Gotcha.

Still, those Ninja can also attack, physically. The Math Skillin' was only to get to the Knights quickly.

They're pretty good physical fighters, as well. Plus, one or two could always stay behind to heal/strengthen/revive their allies. :mog:

Aside from that, no reaction or support abilities have been chosen for this party, so just slap on Blade Grasp and Concentrate, and they will do fairly well against low-faithed, physical-type opponents....

Jay Ayanami

Default Ummm...

Samurai, Monks, Holy Swordsmen ... any number of units could defeat them ... and what if the other team had Blade Grasp as well?

And Summon Illusion, there was again no insult. He simply made an ass of himself by continuously making arguments already said after I had informed him that he had done so. Ironically enough, we had just finished discussing the matter with another poster. I would challenge you to argue that he was somehow not making an ass of himself. An objective statement. Take it how you will.

'''''Samurai, Monks, Holy Swordsmen ... any number of units could defeat them ... '''''

The same thing can be said about your Knights, you know.....

'''''and what if the other team had Blade Grasp as well?'''''

I.
    What if they don't? A great number of setups don't involve Blade Grasp. Those that don't would likely lose against the Ninja party. Meaning, the Ninja would do well against a great number of parties......

II.
    Those setups that do have Blade Grasp aren't as big a problem as you'd think. Firstly, Blade Grasp only blocks out the first physical attack, completely ignoring a second. And, with Concentrate as a support ability, any other evasion is nullified, guaranteeing one hit per Ninja per turn...

ANYWAY,

This is supposed to be "Ferenan's Ninja vs. Jay's Knights," not "Ferenan's Ninja vs. every other possible setup," so why are we arguing about this.......?

Default Re: Ummm...

Isn't it somewhat useless in order to argue about something that is an opinion, though? Again, it changes depending on the view, so it would be worthless to do so.

Personally, I would say that the term 'ass' in general would only be used in an insulting case, you could say he's being annoying or he's specifically doing (insert reason why he's being an 'ass'), if you want an example of how to react civilized in such a situation which the other person is, in that person's opinion being irritable. After all, unless you explain why it doesn't really get anywhere, and is far less rude to the general audience, and doesn't really traitor your earlier statements in anyone's opinion, for that matter.

Originally posted by Jay Ayanami
    Samurai, Monks, Holy Swordsmen ... any number of units could defeat them ... and what if the other team had Blade Grasp as well?

And Summon Illusion, there was again no insult. He simply made an ass of himself by continuously making arguments already said after I had informed him that he had done so. Ironically enough, we had just finished discussing the matter with another poster. I would challenge you to argue that he was somehow not making an ass of himself. An objective statement. Take it how you will.

Straightfoward, I don't know and I shouldn't something like that take place in another thread?

Originally posted by Mwork
    ANYWAY,

This is supposed to be "Ferenan's Ninja vs. Jay's Knights," not "Ferenan's Ninja vs. every other possible setup," so why are we arguing about this.......?

Tdblitz

Blade grasp? what about blade grasp? blade grasp will never pull off successfully, 100% of the time, neither will Counter, Nor Hamedo, Nor any ability that triggers when being hit or when you're at low Hp. They DO infact, FAIL.

Knights ARE infact good even WITH souped up abilities and fitted with another skill, But Ive done alot better without them (infact, Ive done worse using knights and math skill).

If I were pitted up against 5 on 5 , Knights with math skill ability? Id add equip Knight Sword, To 5 ninjas in my group
    #1*Give them all excaliburs, 2 in each hand*, which will give them haste without even needing to cast. And then 1 casting of Lv3 Raise faith on whomever it hits. Then rest of the battle, casting Petrify , pretty much taking a gamble, at 50/50 as you cant guarantee when petrify will successfully cast. Yeah, I could be screwing myself over , or screwing the opposistion, we may never really know.......mwahhaha.

But hey, it just hit me. Lets go back to chapter 1, where all the fine luxuries of armor are non existant. Your Characters are still souped up in mastering all classes, but you dont have trout worth for weapons. Yeah, thats right, no excalibur or Choas blade in site. Hell , the summoner from the Magic city of Gariland just left for deep dungeon in search of the Zodiac stone.

The Chocobos in Random battles hit harder than you do, because knights would rely too heavily on the damage of their own weapon. You would do nothing more than 80 minimum, 365 on rare occasions.

Yeah, I thought to myself that my team of well armored warriors would do faboulous in Chapter 1, but when I got there, ALL THEY HAD WAS ARMOR WORTH SHIZ!.
    So tell me, would your Knights, paired up with
    Calc attacks Counter attacks Two swords and move +3 do as well in the last chapter as they would in the first?.

Just goes to show you, Your knights without your weapons and armor are useless. Id spend more time mastering all classes then obsessing about the Armor and accessories I have.

Seriously, if yer ever going to beat the game in less than 2 days, or 16 hours (WITHOUT A GAMESHARK*AHEM*) You cant rely on weapons as a crutch. All the weapons your Knights have are non-existant in Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and chapter 3, and their math skill alone wont save them
    (trust me, I've done this before).

I CLAIM MYSELF KING AT BEATING FFT! IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS! (well, I never actually timed it, so sue me).

#1*(which is possible :P you CAN dupe *without codes* you know, OR you could spend yer time in deep dungeon gathering all these things :P)

Tdblitz

Originally posted by Summon Illusion
    Straightfoward, I don't know and I shouldn't something like that take place in another thread?

It wasnt originally "Ferenan's Ninja vs. Jay's Knights,"

just "Jay's Knights vs whomever".

However "Ferenan's Ninja vs. Jay's Knights" DOES fit under the category of "Jay's Knights vs whomever". See? It fits (ferenan's ninja goes into whomever). So your point's kinda pointless. Which is pretty pathetic for a point.

Tdblitz

Hey, that wasnt my point, it was Mworks, and you suggested it

Originally posted by Mwork
    ANYWAY,

Originally posted by Summon IllusionStraightfoward, I don't know and I shouldn't something like that take place in another thread?

My high faith ninjas would kill his knights, end of story. Knights aren't ultimate, end of thread. Im not saying my ninjas are invincible, no team is in FFT. Everything can be defeated. But we have proven that your knights are defeatable. and you cant keep modifying your team or its not the same team. Now..thats the end of the discussion. At least one of us has proven his knights defeatable, so what is left to debate? If your going to go off topic, start a new thread of "I think Holy Swordsman are the best" or something, k?