Thread: What if Seifer had been the main character?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba What if Seifer had been the main character?

Just thinking, how different do you think the game would be if Seifer and Squall had switched roles? You get Seifer's two chums instead of Zell and Selphie and play the game through him as well.

Seifer would have told Rinoa, in a relatively polite way, how stupid her plan was. I say "relatively" because I think he'd dial it back a bit for her. Anyway they could easily defeat the handful of guards around Deling and maybe kill him. I don't think Rinoa has the stomach for executions though so he might tell him to just hold him for extortion or something like that.

After that, things get a bit hazy because everything kinda relies on the party's absolute failure in Timber.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would actually enjoy a spin off game or something where you play Seifer's side of the story. Not making it so he and Squall switch places, but instead so you follow along in his quest to become a Sorceress Knight.

I don't know how well he would do switching places. I feel like we wouldn't end up in the same spot because his attitude and motivations are different, so it's hard to imagine the game going the same way.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

He probably would've assassinated Deling at the TV station, because Quistis would have had no reason to be there. Other than that, I can't say for sure; his favourite book was The Sorceress's Knight so he probably would've gone off with Edea anyway to live out his ROMANTIC dream

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I would see this concept as an alternate reality re-telling. I'm not super interested in what was going on while we were trolling along inside Squall's anguished and troubled mind. We kind of know what was going on. I'd be more curious to see what he would have accomplished as a good guy and where things could have gone with a protagonist that didn't make me want to slit my wrists and erase every memory of his existence into the sink

I can't imagine Squall in a villian role, he's a grumpy doucheface at the beginning CD's, but I doubt that he'll become a actual villian, unless it was done Kain Highwind style.

Seifer would most likely tag along with everything, but would be honest and frank and would call out of people's stupidity and dumb missions, he would be maybe gentle with the Forest Owls since they're Rinoa's team.

I think he would be more furious, angry at Squall for taking or rather stealing his dream during the parade. trout would go down between them anyways.

I also think that he would be nicer towards sorceress Rinoa and more realistic. However I doubt that he would go after her in space, despite caring about her.

It would be like Aerith all over again.

The Climactic Final Battle of Disk 2. You might remember in the canon Seifer has a little unique thing he says to each party member.

Well...

Seifer leads the party to confront Edea and Evi!Squall.

Squall to Zell: ...
    Zquall to Selphie: ...
    Squall to Quistis: ...
    Squall to Irvine: ...
    Aquall to Rinoa: ...
    Squall to Seifer: ...whatever.

Also End of Disk 3 Spoilers.

Seifer: So you're Squall's dad.
    Laguna: Yeah but don't tell anyone. Kinda awkward with my son being oN Galbadia's side and all. I was thinking maybe you guys could try to like, redeem him or something.
    Seifer: I'm gonna stab him in the face. Does that work?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm in agreement with shion. I think you could have the whole thing be from Seifer's point of view and not have to change any story elements since he was off doing his own thing whenever he was off screen. The beginning bits would be different, instead of waking up in the infirmary you'd probably be in the cafeteria or something chasing Zell around before the mission in Dollet. Seifer would actually be in the boss battle at Dollet and then you branch off with when he talked to Rinoa at the dance, set off to Timber on his own, got introduced to the Sorceress, joined Galbadia and all of that. A Seifer scenario sounds like it could be a lot of fun, actually.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Cloud: Blondie
    Seifer: Blondie
    Zidane: Blondie
    Tidus: Blondie
    Vaan:Blondie

>>> Yeah, it would totally make sense..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am skeptical. Based on the nature of Seifer's character, I do not think he would have made a good lead.

A young James Marsters instead of a young Tom Cruise definitely has something.

...what about Tom Cruise?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If Seifer had been the main character, I may have actually liked this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorty View Post
    I am skeptical. Based on the nature of Seifer's character, I do not think he would have made a good lead.

Yeah. Seifer was a bit of a troutty leader and put himself above others. Though he could maybe lead brilliantly, if he pushed aside his selfishness and learnt to think of others, like how Squall learnt to be more open.