Thread: The Worst Villain Ever

Default The Worst Villain Ever

Seriously, why did I even bother to finish this game? To confront this dumbass? Although i guess our heroes win a special Darwin Award for literally standing still and doing jack as the guy slowly trudges over to the console while screaming about how he'll delete their entire universe. But yeah, Luther is all kinds of terribad. No real personality or backstory, his voice-acting is somehow even worse than everyone else's and his boss fight was dumb.

Goddam I hate this game.

Oh my gosh, this game.

Oh wow that terrible voice acting and the characters are so dumb and annoying.

I forgot about this game, but maybe it was a repressed memory

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everything about Til The End of Time is magical. Magical.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah... Star Ocean has never really been well known for its villains.

Sticking to only major villains, I never cared for Seymour Guado because he never really felt like a menacing figure to me, and was tacked on because the party needed a foil to talk with. Shuyin from the sequel also seemed a bit ridiculous to me because I felt he caused most of his own misfortune and threw a temper tantrum blaming everyone else for his own incompetence.

Barthandelus and Orphan from XIII because they are generic and predictable villains that don't really add to the story.

Feothanles cause he's basically a Yu-Yevon knockoff.

I could probably think of more but these are my usual go to figures.

Where's the last guy from? "Feothanles" or whatever?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFXII Revnant Wings, it makes sense actually because Motomu Toriyama (One of FFX's main dudes) directed the game. It's plot is eerily similar to FFXs on some levels.

Feolthanos is a weird name.

I would say any boss that sprouted from no where within the plot. Cloud of Darkness, Necron... those are the only two I can think of.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was just reminded from the VII topic, Genesis, smurfing hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    FFXII Revnant Wings, it makes sense actually because Motomu Toriyama (One of FFX's main dudes) directed the game. It's plot is eerily similar to FFXs on some levels.
    Wait, you actually got to the end of that game? The controls were so broken it was basically unplayable when you got far enough in.

Well, I always did go for the optional sidequests, so maybe the main story is easier, but that game was really bad from a mechanical standpoint. Which is a shame, because I liked some of the concepts.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am currently at the end of the game with just the final boss (who is a cheating bastard) and the last two side missions (getting Zodiark who is just as nasty as his XII counterpart and going through Midlights Deep so I can fight Yiazmat and unlock the super special awesome ending) and I can honestly say I really hate this game. It was a love for FFXII and my own stubbornness that got me this far but I can't bring myself to bother finishing it. The plot is pretty terrible and its obvious the game was ham-fisted into being a FFXII sequel (it was original suppose to be a new IP) because the writers did a piss poor job with their characterization and characters like Basch, Ashe, and Larsa have no business being in the plot considering how little they bring to the story. This was strike two against Motomu Toriyama for me before XIII came along and drove home the fact he's a hack who doesn't know what he's doing.

I was just reminded from the VII topic, Genesis, smurfing hatelove him.
    Fixed.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with FF. When your villain makes your plot sound like a author inserted fan-fiction with no redeeming qualities and detracts and destroys anything that was good about the original, you know you have smurfed up.

I was just reminded from the VII topic, Genesis, smurfing hate him.
    This

imo Genesis wins worst villian award.
    He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with FF. When your villain makes your plot sound like a author inserted fan-fiction with no redeeming qualities and detracts and destroys anything that was good about the original, you know you have smurfed up.
    This

Plus we have already had the poetic narcissist done a million times better with Kuja.

Hey! Leave Gackt alone! Sure he's gone downhill and CC sucked but he used to be part of Malice Mizer.