Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good evening, General Chat.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Red Exclamation Mark Good evening, General Chat.

Allow me first to apologise for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar of nobody posting in any newbie threads, the tranquility of the repetition of shirtless Chris in the photo thread. I enjoy them as much as any member. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's banning or the end of some awful bloody Cid’s Knight Contest, a celebration of a nice forum event, I thought we could mark this April 1st, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily forum posting activities to sit down and have a little chat.

There are of course those who do not want me to make this thread. I suspect even now, warned posts are being submitted, and men with ban hammers will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the threat of banishment may be used in lieu of a good thread, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this forum, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, bad “Del” puns and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object in the Feedback Forum, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. Parker is on staff. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? Awful “debates” in Eyes on Each Other, SuperMillionaire hijacking The Lounge, Moogle Hugs. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now Delministrator of Power, Del Murder. He promised you an RPG forum, he promised you terrible attempts at humour, and all he demanded in return was your rep. During the Thunderdome I sought to end that silence. In the Thunderdome I destroyed Del Murder, to remind this forum of what it has forgotten.

Ten years ago a great member wished to embed the First of April forever in our memory. Her hope was to remind EoFF that fairness, justice, and cleaning up cat vomit are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this forums staff remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the First of April to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside outside the gates of the Staff Forum, wearing this mask as your avatar, and together we shall give them a First of April that shall never, ever be forgot.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you like, a crazy person?

Articles

I am quite sure they will say so.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Words are idle chatter until action is met with them.

Articles

And I have invited you to action. Will you heed the call, sir? Will you stand with me against oppression?

FFXIV Character

All I hear are sweet words from you no action. You cannot merely say you call us to arms yet have only offered us words for comfort.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will stand! We will stand! In our camaraderie, we will stand! And they will fall!

Articles

Is defeating Del in the Thunderdome not a stand? Is defying the law on avatars not action? Is making this thread not a direct challenge? I have left myself exposed, because I believe in the idea.

No sir, I have made my invitation clear.
    So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this forums staff remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the First of April to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside outside the gates of the Staff Forum, wearing this mask as your avatar, and together we shall give them a First of April that shall never, ever be forgot.
    The choice is yours now. I cannot convince you, nor would I try to do so.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    All I hear are sweet words from you no action. You cannot merely say you call us to arms yet have only offered us words for comfort.
    If you believe in a cause, it is you who must act, instead of waiting to be sold an idea as if you were being sold an act of magic by a magician.

It is you who must act. Psychotic is the vessel of a revolution, but he cannot bring it upon his own shoulders.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are too many of these threads

But I supported Psy in the Thunderdome and I shall support him now. Because pink

FFXIV Character

The problem is we cannot change our avatars! Regardless of what we try it is being masked by his monotony!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Change what you can. Change your signatures!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    The problem is we cannot change our avatars! Regardless of what we try it is being masked by his monotony!
    If enough people make a stand, if enough people believe, anything is possible.

FFXIV Character

Again, platitudes. If you are truly Psychotic, then you should hold some power still!

Articles

As I told you, I hold no more power than you. It is the people who truly hold the power. If you have made your choice not to stand with us then you may wish to leave this thread, so as not to put yourself in the firing line. I wish you all the best.