Thread: Anyone actually try to beat Gogo?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco Anyone actually try to beat Gogo?

Technically he has a health bar and I've heard he can be beaten, so has anyone tried this?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not sure I ever got to Gogo. I made it to the part where you're in a ship graveyard and you fight a ghost/demon lady.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Not sure I ever got to Gogo. I made it to the part where you're in a ship graveyard and you fight a ghost/demon lady.
    That's like an hour into the game, isn't it?

Personally, I didn't try. I had the intention to, but then decided I just wanted the Mime job before grinding further. I did keep a save file, but considering how sickly strong the guy is, I'm faaaar too weak on that to take him on directly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I wouldn't know, but me barely scratching the surface of the game sounds about right.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I wouldn't know, but me barely scratching the surface of the game sounds about right.
    You didn't even get the best classes yet! You might want to take time to get back into it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    You didn't even get the best classes yet! You might want to take time to get back into it.
    I'd need a copy of the game first. Finding the GBA port is on my ever growing to-do list.

I do not intend to glitch my enemies with Mute Rods to make the program say crap and defeat itself (except it cannot be done any other way like overflowing Vincent with a maximum amount of beaten enemies since that unfortunately comes with maximizing) or overkill them before they can overkill me (while this one would be okay). Gogo is intended to be beaten like Cecil's reflection and so be it. The games are not meant to be finished by a Minus Floor Glitch that speedrunners are proud of (and I laugh at them for calling this "speedrun because skipping half of the game in a not intended way is no speedrun just like glitching Pokémon with a Pokéflute isn't; what's next? phasing through walls for reaching the last screen like in Zelda?) or skipping Neo X-Death.

ToriJ, send me your adress via PM and I lend you either the Japanese SNES version, the PSX Anthology version (EDIT: ah, no, English but PAL so not for English PSXes that aren't chipped) or the GBA version (German but can be changed to a few languages, including English).
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-12-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think the point was fighting him without abusing Silence. Which makes him quite possibly the hardest boss in the game. Triple Meteor is not easily survivable.

I think the point was fighting him without abusing Silence. Which makes him quite possibly the hardest boss in the game. Triple Meteor is not easily survivable.
    It actually is easy for one who knows the pattern which is the reason why I mentioned the overkill. Gogo's Meteor can be avoided with the last attacks not giving him a chance to use it. For not knowing anything it is hard like pretty much everything can be hard.

eh, never thought that it was possible. Might try this one day. Somebody has done it on YouTube, though that person might of cheated or something.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I would never even want to. Mime is my favourite job class in the game. I guess it might be an interesting challenge but do you still get the job at the end?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    ToriJ, send me your adress via PM and I lend you either the Japanese SNES version, the PSX Anthology version (EDIT: ah, no, English but PAL so not for English PSXes that aren't chipped) or the GBA version (German but can be changed to a few languages, including English).
    That's okay. I'd rather have my own copy of the game. Thanks anyway.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's still 1000 times better than not playing the game at all. Just do it, gurl.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?